• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

City Of Boston And Hospital Violated Teen Girl’s Human Rights, Hacker Who Fought For Her Faces 25 Yr

*GG*

(I know some in this community were following this.)

"When the story of Justina Pelletier’s experience at the hands of Boston Children’s Hospital came out a few years ago, it shocked and angered a lot of people across the nation. The hospital and medical professionals who in effect abducted Justina and kept her from her parents among other alleged tortures are being sued by the Pelletiers, but they’re facing no criminal prosecution. However, Marty Gottesfeld, the man who brought down the hospital’s online donation page to protest and call attention to Justina’s plight still faces up to 25 years behind bars for computer hacking.

If you don’t remember Justina Pelletier’s story, Streiff wrote about her case a few years ago here at RedState.

Here’s the Cliff’s Notes version. Justina had been diagnosed and was being treated for an obscure condition known as mitochondrial disease at Tufts Medical Center. Complications arose when she contracted influenza and she was admitted to Boston Children’s Hospital. Doctors there rejected the Tufts diagnosis and decided that Justina was suffering from a psychiatric problem.

Worse, doctors at Children’s blamed Justina’s parents for her condition and accused them of child abuse. Justina went from receiving medical care for her condition at Tufts to being locked in a psychiatric ward at Children’s for the better part of a year. She was taken from her parents because her new doctors rejected the diagnosis of her doctors from Tufts.

I’m told by a source close to the story that Justina, a Catholic, was prevented from attending Mass or even receiving Communion. She was only allowed to see her parents occasionally and then under the supervision of armed guards.

A court placed her parents under a gag order, forbidding them from speaking out about what was going on. They eventually broke the gag order and that’s when they started to receive some outside help. Legal counsel for the Pelletiers said that Justina was denied even the rights Massachusetts affords to incarcerated criminals. Justina was left maimed and paralyzed by the ordeal."

Cont'd

http://www.redstate.com/jimjamitis/...ningbriefing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl

Last edited:

alex3619

This has always been a story of the abuse of power. It should never have happened. Its not enough that the situation was somewhat corrected, it should never be allowed to happen again.

When justice mechanisms fail then its up to the people to make it a political issue. Denial of service on non-essential services to help a woman in danger is a minor crime in my view. We do not have the facts of the case, but I would consider this something of interest to civil rights lawyers and political activists.

SilverbladeTE

False Imprisonment
Torture
Child abduction
Deliberate poisoning (this can be a crime itself in some jurisdictions)
Actual or Grievous Bodily harm
Child Endangerment

And they violated the family's 1st and 4th Amendment rights

In some US States that mix would get you *full* life imprisonment and see if I'd give a rat's ass if the SObs did get that.

the sheer arrogance and inhumanity of these bastards is unbelievable but all too common
Doctors need Hammered punished with draconian severity when this crap happens ot break this contempt and abuse cycle that is WAY too prevalent because "professional" classes constantly game the system and scratch each others back to evade punishment