1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Things of Beauty? Joy Forever -- Even with ME/CFS
I spent every day for years propped up on pillows on my bed. I could see out my window to the left. My messy closet was to the right. Looking straight ahead I saw a television, a messy desk and a dresser.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Circadian Rhythm Problems

Discussion in 'Sleep' started by Ocean, Apr 25, 2013.

1. JPV

JPV Senior Member

Little Bluestem likes this.
  2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    Thanks, @JPV , that goes back quite a ways. :)
  3. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    Good Morning! Actually I have been up over an hours now (since 4 am).

Climbing the stairs to my apartment raises my heart rate above my presumed aerobic threshhold, so I lay down as soon as I get in. Tonight I got in at 7:30 and feel asleep shortly after laying down. By the time I woke up (before 3 am), I had been having weird dreams and had a headache. I didn’t feel like getting out of bed until 4, but had no difficulty staying awake. I feel pretty decent now.

A few days ago I didn’t get in until 11 (I spend evenings with my Mother) and also fell asleep. I still was awake and ready to get up at 4. I spent a few hours on the computer and eating/taking supplements. When I did go back to bed, I was not able to sleep, but became sleepy and started dozing in the afternoon when I wanted to get up.

It looks like my innate sleep cycle has switched to early evening to 4 am. Unfortunately that is not a very practical sleeping schedule.
  4. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    I've done an atlas "repositioning" therapy called atlas profilax (Click here for PR thread), which gave me numerous benefits, including improved sleep. My neighbor had this done 3-4 years ago, and he was just telling me tonight that before he did the AP, he was a night owl, staying up till 12 to 1 to 2 in the morning. From the very first day of his atlas being shifted, he began to get really sleepy by 9:00-10:00, and has continued to this day. He said he sleeps as much, just got his rhythms shifted by a few hours.

See more popular forum discussions.