• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

churg straus

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
Churg Strauss syndrome is a multisystem illness that involves vasculitis, usually lung disease and a variety of other problems like neuropathy. It has several features in common with other syndromes that involve vasculitis and which have evidence of autoimmunity (anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies). I do not think it can be said to have any obvious similarity to ME/CFS although it may it might include malaise type symptoms possibly similar to those in ME. I think it rather unlikely that Churg Strauss syndrome would masquerade as ME as there is usually a past history of asthma and blood tests are significantly abnormal.

wastwater

Thanks for taking the time to reply.I found churg strauss interesting due to it involving eosinophils,which I remember Dr Lipkin mentioning and is something ive found was elevated in myself in the past.
I found the inflammation of blood vessels of interest as Dr Byron hyde mentions this a lot and says this is what ME is essentially vasculitis of the brain and problems with microcirculation,I know the lungs can be a problem in churg strauss which I don't think is common to ME but then I wondered maybe it is with problems with oxygen.

Ambrosia_angel

My dr has put this in as a possible diagnosis although unlikely. I came across it before but thought it was very unlikely because it's rare so I'm surprised she has mentioned it. Im much younger than most people diagnosed. My eosinophils have been high for a bit even when I don't have really bad symptoms.

I think this illness could possibly masquerade as ME but only in the very early stages. Most people only get diagnosed in the later stages. Plus adult onset allergies is the telltale for this illness

Thought I'd just share my knowledge for anyone else who is querying this illness.

My father died from CSS when he was 70. Before he was diagnosed at 62, he was rather weak, suffering from chronic lower respiratory track infection/inflammation, but he did not exhibit standard cfs/me symptoms. I strongly believe that my cfs/me results from genetic predispositions inherited from him. So, he was inflamed, I am also inflamed, although the disease is different.