1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

chronic throat clearing?

Discussion in 'General Symptoms' started by SaveMe, Apr 20, 2011.

1. SaveMe

SaveMe *****

the city
    viscous saliva or chronic throat clearing? do you have it?

2. 5150

5150 Senior Member

how's it going? (rhetorical), if you really told me, it would take several hours, i know.

anyway, in my early days of illness, this was an on going issue for me, as my allergies went over the top. I didn't ever have that problem prior to onset...
    so I discovered OSHA, liquid herbal extract from Ligustrum porteri ... whole root source, a Health food store item. it works very well for me; but we're all different. worth a try, as that throat clearing annoyance gets really old.

3. SaveMe

SaveMe *****

the city
  4. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    I don't have it, but if you do, I would suspect some kind of allergy, whether it's to certain foods or environmental.

5. 5150

5150 Senior Member

haven't tried that particular brand, but if it's in VitaminShoppe it will be fine. They actually do an ok job of good quality control.

i knew people who owned a little health food store; very knowledgeable. I used to be lucky that way. these days, not so much.

Hope it helps you. It will only be a temporary fix, but it will certainly help some... that is, it's part of "maintenance", managing symptoms. Not the answer to the cause, that we all need.

6. SaveMe

SaveMe *****

the city
    thanks 5150 anything is worth a shot with me.

caledonia-- damn good thinking! i should see an allergist....my viscous saliva sometimes happens after i eat spicy foods or hot sauce, other times unpredictable.

7. glenp

glenp "and this too shall pass"

Vancouver Canada suburbs
    Allergist

If you see an allergist make sure that he is knowledgeable on intolerances - many are not.

I used to get coughing fits or very red flushed face after eating spicey foods. My nose used to actually drip and I had constant flem in my throat.

My CFS physician gave me food intolerance tests - but intolerances can change. It seems I do best if I do not eat the same food more then once in 4 days, which I find too hard to do.

Food has lots to do with my symptoms. Its very hard to figure it out.

glen

8. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    post nasal drip is what it may be

See more popular forum discussions.