1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

chronic sore throat

Discussion in 'Pain and Inflammation' started by LJBluesky, Sep 14, 2013.

1. LJBluesky

LJBluesky

Orlando
    I have CFS and with it I have a chronic sore throat. Its probably some kind of imflammation problem.Talking makes it worse. Its driving me nuts. Does anyone know what to do for this? I tried throat lozenges, tea, gargling with salt water.
  2. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Its one of the chronic symptoms of CFS. Many of us have it. Always on questionnaires.
    The only positive thing I can say is, well for me anyway, that it comes and then does go away for periods. Hope your's does too.
  3. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Are your glands swollen as well? My sore throats and glands have been helped by taking Valtrex and Immunovir.

The tea tree and salt gargles did help me to some extent but the drugs worked better. Antibiotics as well in the short term.
    SOC likes this.
  4. Hope123

Hope123 Senior Member

A sore throat for me is a warning sign I'm doing too much activity. If I continue, I get sicker.

Consider decreasing the amount or intensity of mental or physical stuff you're doing and see if the sore throat gets better. Get more rest if you can.
    Tito likes this.
  5. jstefl

jstefl Senior Member

Brookfield, Wisconsin
    I have had a sore throat for over 40 years now.

Nothing seemed to help until I started on the vitamins in Rich VanK's methylation protocol. I was taking the Holistic health Neutrological Health Formula vitamins when I began noticing the improvement. That product has been replaced by new ALL in One formula that I have not tried yet. Holistic health products are available at www.holistichealth.com.

If you decide to try the Holistic health Vitamins, start slowly. The label says to take six a day, but that would be a huge mistake for most of us. I was able to start at a half a tablet a day, but I know of others that needed to start at a much lower dose.

My sore throat is not completely gone, but it is much better than it has been for a very long time.

John
  6. Hip

Hip Senior Member

7. taroki

taroki Senior Member

Ontario, Canada
    OMG I have the same thing!! Mine started up again a few weeks ago. They usually last over a month with chronic dry coughing every few minutes!

Anyone know the cause? Mold? Parasites? I am still detoxing and hoping to find out soon.

See more popular forum discussions.