• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

chronic sore throat

I have CFS and with it I have a chronic sore throat. Its probably some kind of imflammation problem.Talking makes it worse. Its driving me nuts. Does anyone know what to do for this? I tried throat lozenges, tea, gargling with salt water.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Its one of the chronic symptoms of CFS. Many of us have it. Always on questionnaires.
The only positive thing I can say is, well for me anyway, that it comes and then does go away for periods. Hope your's does too.

ukxmrv

Are your glands swollen as well? My sore throats and glands have been helped by taking Valtrex and Immunovir.

The tea tree and salt gargles did help me to some extent but the drugs worked better. Antibiotics as well in the short term.

Hope123

A sore throat for me is a warning sign I'm doing too much activity. If I continue, I get sicker.

Consider decreasing the amount or intensity of mental or physical stuff you're doing and see if the sore throat gets better. Get more rest if you can.

jstefl

I have had a sore throat for over 40 years now.

Nothing seemed to help until I started on the vitamins in Rich VanK's methylation protocol. I was taking the Holistic health Neutrological Health Formula vitamins when I began noticing the improvement. That product has been replaced by new ALL in One formula that I have not tried yet. Holistic health products are available at www.holistichealth.com.

If you decide to try the Holistic health Vitamins, start slowly. The label says to take six a day, but that would be a huge mistake for most of us. I was able to start at a half a tablet a day, but I know of others that needed to start at a much lower dose.

My sore throat is not completely gone, but it is much better than it has been for a very long time.

John

taroki

OMG I have the same thing!! Mine started up again a few weeks ago. They usually last over a month with chronic dry coughing every few minutes!

Anyone know the cause? Mold? Parasites? I am still detoxing and hoping to find out soon.

Mine started with a throat infection End of Sept 2017 then 3 lots of antibiotics later the infection has gone but the sore throat is still there! The cough has some what subsided (except for when I wake up), but the sore throat can change sides as well. I've had cfs for 40 years and am a relieving teacher. I've probably overdone the work this year!