• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chronic longterm tonsillitis - anyone else?

I have had this for years, most of the 18yrs I have had me/cfs infact. It has ranged from mild to severe with pus on the tonsills :eek: . But the worst is it effects my spine, heart, ears and gives me night sweats. I am going to see an ENT soon and will beg him to take the damn things out.

I am wondering how much having them removed could improve my health/ability to function?!.

Hi Tulip,

Just today I started a thread about my recent tonsillitis, I am wondering if it is actually a reactivation of my EBV. I can relate to the pus on the tonsills, I had that last week! I haven't really had it before (that I know of anyway). I don't think I actually looked at them when I had Glandular fever.
Sorry, I don't have any useful advice about it. I'll be interested to see what other people have to say about it.

goodluck, ness