The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Chronic Illness Inclusion Project blog: Spoonie Utopia: an inclusion thought experiment

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects' started by AndyPR, Aug 14, 2017.

1. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

More at http://inclusionproject.org.uk/social-model/spoonie-utopia-an-inclusion-thought-experiment/

2. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Rebel without a biscuit

All of a sudden in this sci fi world I'd be able to communicate with my country's/provinces health and other social services through email and there would be a dedicated person responding to me. And the process of finding how to make first contact would be transparent not something hidden in a labyrinth of details.

3. Jenny TipsforME

Jenny TipsforME Senior Member

Bristol
    I just came on PR to share some Chronic Illness Inclusion Project stuff, so great you've got there first @AndyPR :)

@Snowdrop this seems like something that should be very achievable, my GP surgery did this for a few months but seem to have stopped it again. I could have doctor appointments via email and you could specify which doctor should read it. This was much more accessible than going into the surgery and I could take time to say exactly what I wanted to say within the word limit (though to be fair they do have phone appointments still, as long as you don't need physical tests).

The other thing I came here to share is the chronic illness "takeover" episode of BBC Ouch! with Catherine Hale from our project and Natasha Lipman http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I'll just check this hasn't been shared elsewhere and start a thread.

See more popular forum discussions.