Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Treatment Market Projected to Grow at a Steady Pace During 2017-2025

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by slysaint, Sep 29, 2017.

1. slysaint

slysaint Senior Member

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Treatment Market Projected to Grow at a Steady Pace During 2017-2025
    Press release from: Persistence Market Research

"Chronic fatigue syndrome is growing market over the forecast period, as research are going on for find the source of the chronic fatigue syndrome, as FDA has published the guideline for industry to develop drugs for treatment in March 2014, players are also working on enhancement of manufacturing of ampligen which is used for chronic fatigue syndrome treatment, for instance in May 2017, Hemispherx Biopharma Enhances Ampligen Manufacturing, As of hindrance the awareness of the treatment process and drugs combination for treatment is affecting the current market."

https://www.openpr.com/news/748137/...o-Grow-at-a-Steady-Pace-During-2017-2025.html

2. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards "Gibberish"

'Persistence Market Research (PMR) is a third-platform research firm.'

Interesting.

They seem to have missed the growing market in various therapies like jumping up and down on bits of paper and blue cardigan stuff. Maybe that's second platform stuff.

3. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany
    What kind of strange site is this? The English is worse than mine. :) I thought it was google translated but the contact address is in NYC.

4. Large Donner

Large Donner Senior Member

Ah that explains it then.

5. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany
    Can someone explain the joke about nyc please? Don't get it...

6. Large Donner

It's what happens when Americans try to speak English.

Esperanza, Barry53 and Joh like this.
  7. Londinium

Londinium Senior Member

A lot of these firms now use AI to generate the reports. This certainly reads like it's a computer-driven template article rather than written by a human. Pretty certain that's what 'third platform' refers to.

8. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards "Gibberish"

What would happen if @Large Donner used this AI to make up jokes then? Would we already be on platform nine and three quarters?

9. Large Donner

Like I said on another thread most of my jokes are from the 70s far too long before AI.

My mother in law is a black belt in cooking....she can kill a man with one chop. That's a Les Dawson generated report.

Hilary, TrixieStix, BurnA and 8 others like this.
  10. Webdog

Webdog Senior Member

Still waiting for the thrilling part.

PS: I've seen this same report reprinted in a dozen or so places over the past month. Probably not a single human involved in the whole process.

Hilary, trishrhymes, BurnA and 6 others like this.
  11. user9876

user9876 Senior Member

The first AI based psychoanalyst Eliza was created in 1964 so AI is older than your jokes.

12. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

thats weird. my friend told me hemipherx is about to go bankrupt. maybe that was bad info

Wonko likes this.
  13. Webdog

Webdog Senior Member

If I had to guess, someone with an interest in shorting Hemispherix stock put out the report. I see this as evidence supporting what your friend told you.

14. BurnA

BurnA Senior Member

OK this is completely off topic. But Eliza reminded me of this.

I had a lecturer at one point, who passed the Turing test when he was a student in the late 80s in Dublin.

Its quite funny and simple how he did it and the story is now quite famous in AI circles but if you have a passing interest in this sort of thing I recommend taking a look.

Read the story here and I recommend reading the link to the full conversation (but be warned it's crude)

meandthecat and Invisible Woman like this.

See more popular forum discussions.