Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME (ME/CFS): UNCOVERING A MYSTERY (article from health magazine)

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Kyla, May 6, 2016.

1. Kyla

Kyla ᴀɴɴɪᴇ ɢꜱᴀᴍᴩᴇʟ

Canada
    article from Healthy magazine:

http://healthy-magazines.com/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs-uncovering-mystery/

excerpt:

2. Webdog

Webdog Senior Member

Good article.

Not fond of the sleeping man picture. Especially after a neurologist this week tried to convince me I had hypersomnia and needed to get (yet another) sleep study. She didn't want to hear that I wasn't sleepy in the daytime, just fatigued.

3. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Rebel without a biscuit

Good Article. Comments are welcome.

It may be that approaching 'Healthy magazine' about the picture and where to find more appropriate ones is an option.
    It says that healthy magazine is distributed to many Dr offices/practices--so I wonder if this article is in the print edition--that would be brilliant.
    Also, I think this is the young man responsible for the article: http://newsline.byu.edu/487/resume/MichaelRichardson.html

The magazine is based in Utah.

Valentijn likes this.
  4. Old Bones

Old Bones Senior Member

Not once in the more than twenty-five years since my ME diagnosis have I felt sleepy. This is a change from my pre-illness experience. I've often wondered if it means something.

5. Webdog

Webdog Senior Member

For me, daytime sleepiness usually means that 1) I exerted too much or 2) allergies interfered with my sleep or 3) random anxiety interfered with my sleep (usually a couple hours and then it spontaneously goes away).

However, I don't recall being substantially more or less sleepy prior to illness onset.

Justin30 likes this.
  6. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    huge difference between normal tiredness and enjoyable sleep

and having to sleep from ghastly draining fatigue from hell, then wake up worse

See more popular forum discussions.