1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Chronic Ear Ache

Discussion in 'Pain and Inflammation' started by Carrigon, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Carrigon

Carrigon Senior Member

PA, USA
    Anyone else ever get a recurrent Earache. Since the 80's, I've had problems with severe recurrent Earaches. I've had teeth pulled, thinking it was that. I've been on a million antibiotics for it. The only real answer I ever got was a doctor told me that the gland in my neck is swollen and it's pushing on the ear and causing the pain. It can also be a TMJ thing. I don't know. All I know is, it's acting up on me again. I used to have to try heating pads and even squeezing warm onion juice in my ear because the pain was like someone had a hot poker to my ear. I get it less often now, but every once in awhile, it acts up.
  2. Katie

Katie Guest

I'd side with the gland theory as that's what causes my earache. There's not a lot to help it except to hope the symptom flare dies down by resting. It's something I've dealt with since the start of my illness, I just keep my ears clean so nothing can push on the drum. Do you get it on both sides? I get mine on both sides but more commonly just the right.
  3. Carrigon

Carrigon Senior Member

PA, USA
    Right side. I haven't had it in the left in probably twenty years. Awful feeling.

See more popular forum discussions.