Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Chronic Coxsackievirus B Infection Eliminated by Transfer of B Cells From Immune Mice

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Hip, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Mice that do not have B cells (B cell knockout mice) with lifelong persistent coxsackievirus B (CVB) infection were injected with B cells from mice that are immune to CVB, and this resulted in either a transient or permanent disappearance of detectable CVB in the infected mice.

The injected B cells resulted in a permanent elimination of the coxsackievirus B infection in a few of the mice.

See the paper: The role of B lymphocytes in coxsackievirus B3 infection

This paper is not new (published in 1999), but this info would seem pertinent for enterovirus-associated ME/CFS.

It raises the obvious question of whether a similar technique could be used to eliminate, once and for all, the coxsackievirus B infections that are thought to be a major cause of ME/CFS.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

bump

Knockknock likes this.
  3. globalpilot

globalpilot Senior Member

Ontario
    Interesting. Did you see the study on Dr Chia's website showing interferon B elimated chronic coxsackie in the heart in humans ? Anyone idea how this information ties in with that ?

Knockknock likes this.
  4. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    This is similar to the cure for HIV. It works for HIV, another immune cell pathogen (T cells in this case).

Since I am CVB+ I am interested in this. Thanks Hip.

merylg likes this.
  5. Kina

Kina

Sofa, UK
    This thread was closed for a short time to clean up all the off-topic posts on it.

The thread was about -- "Chronic Coxsackievirus B Infection Eliminated by Transfer of B Cells From Immune Mice"

Not about:

Antibody tests measuring the level of the antibody response from the immune system?

Not about:

The relevance of chronic coxsackievirus b infection to ME/CFS and is Rituximab relevant?

Not about:

Testing viral levels in the blood by Dr. Chia.

Not about:

Retroviral infection of B cells in ME/CFS patients (DeFreitas) and the use of Rituximab

Not about:

Gene Mutation, Vitamin D receptors, decreased RNaseL... .

Sushi, M Paine and Hip like this.

See more popular forum discussions.