1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A disease with two faces? Re-naming ME/CFS
Persuasion Smith covers the bases on the misleading and disreputable name for our disease we've all been saddled with ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Chromium - what dose?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Spinney Lainey, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Spinney Lainey

Spinney Lainey Senior Member

London
    I am thinking of taking this for low blood sugar. Does anyone else take this? What dose would you recommend?

2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    You need to be careful about the type as well as the dose. I've read that chromium picolinate is not the best type and maybe could even cause problems.

Vanadium is also important here. I take this combo, one a day: http://www.vitacost.com/source-naturals-vanadium-with-chromium

Sushi

3. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    I have been taking Chromium GTF @ 100 mcg twice/day. The next time I run out I am going to get the vanadium with chromium.

Spinney Lainey likes this.
  4. Spinney Lainey

London
    What's GTF?

5. Little Bluestem

Midwest, USA
    Chromium GTF is Glucose Tolerance Factor and is made by fermenting nutritional yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) with chromium. It facilitates the transport of glucose into cells by insulin.

6. Spinney Lainey

London
    Ooh, this sounds good. How come you're gonna change to vanadium with chromium?

7. Little Bluestem

Midwest, USA
    I am going to try the vanadium with chromium because other have had good results with it and my vanadium is very low in the normal range on my hair mineral analysis. Actually, I don't think I will change. I think I will replace 1 of my 2 doses of Chromium GTF with vanadium w/chromium.

I also take niacinamide to help regulate my blood sugar. I take 125 mg twice/day at different times than the chromium.

See more popular forum discussions.