Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Chromium GTF

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by sregan, Jan 12, 2015.

1. sregan

sregan Senior Member

Southeast
    Over the years I have had success with some supplements here and there. Chromium GTF helps my mood substantially (documented to help with atypical depression) but increases nightime polyuria. I think my NO is too high.

Anyone else taking Chromium and how is it helping you?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  2. sregan

sregan Senior Member

Southeast
  3. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

I know ammonia converts to NO. So is it possible that poor methylation leads to high ammonia which converts to high levels of NO?

High NO causes HPA-axis dysfuntion (chronically).

ahmo and Gondwanaland like this.
  4. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    Thanks @drob31 I'm engaged in trying to understand the relationship of NO and ammonia. And keep running into statements that we need to increase NO. I guess both must be true. I've been implementing things from Martin Pall's protocol to decrease peroxynitrite, which is, in my understanding, to increase NO.

5. sregan

sregan Senior Member

Southeast
    @ahmo, you are trying to increase NO specifically or decrease peroxynitrite (which increase NO would be a side effect). I know there are a lot of things that are supposed to increase NO like Arginine.

6. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    @sregan I'm working on decreasing peroxynitrite. I had been using ornithine, arginine, citrulline, but dropped them all for malic acid, which seems to be great, my body never wants the others now. But I'm struggling to understand the chemical dynamics of all this. I've finally found a website for Martin Pall, so will be delving deeper.

See more popular forum discussions.