• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chromium GTF

sregan

Over the years I have had success with some supplements here and there. Chromium GTF helps my mood substantially (documented to help with atypical depression) but increases nightime polyuria. I think my NO is too high.

Anyone else taking Chromium and how is it helping you?

Last edited:

drob31

I know ammonia converts to NO. So is it possible that poor methylation leads to high ammonia which converts to high levels of NO?

High NO causes HPA-axis dysfuntion (chronically).

ahmo

Thanks @drob31 I'm engaged in trying to understand the relationship of NO and ammonia. And keep running into statements that we need to increase NO. I guess both must be true. I've been implementing things from Martin Pall's protocol to decrease peroxynitrite, which is, in my understanding, to increase NO.

sregan

Thanks @drob31 I'm engaged in trying to understand the relationship of NO and ammonia. And keep running into statements that we need to increase NO. I guess both must be true. I've been implementing things from Martin Pall's protocol to decrease peroxynitrite, which is, in my understanding, to increase NO.

@ahmo, you are trying to increase NO specifically or decrease peroxynitrite (which increase NO would be a side effect). I know there are a lot of things that are supposed to increase NO like Arginine.

ahmo

@sregan I'm working on decreasing peroxynitrite. I had been using ornithine, arginine, citrulline, but dropped them all for malic acid, which seems to be great, my body never wants the others now. But I'm struggling to understand the chemical dynamics of all this. I've finally found a website for Martin Pall, so will be delving deeper.