1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and Beating the Clock
For Jody Smith, the ticking of a clock was enough at one time to chase her back to her bed. But with the passage of time, she has been able to reclaim her living room ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Christian Songwriter and his wife felled by CFS

Discussion in 'Spirituality and ME/CFS' started by Cort, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    I know hes' not Pema Chodron but he is a very committed Christian apparently - living a clean life...and down both he and his wife go....and he wrote a popular song about it

[​IMG]
    Happier but not healed.

2. Tammie

Tammie Senior Member

Woodridge, IL
    How cool - I have loved that song from the first time I heard it, & now it has even more meaning. I have the verse it is about (Isa 40:31) tatooed on my ankle. It was my "running marathons" verse, and then after getting ME/CFS, it became my "hope for eternity" verse. (As a runner, hiker, and sky diver, the verse really hits me....and I know that one day in heaven I will run, walk, and soar again.)

Isa 40:31 says, "Those that hope in the Lord will renew their strenth; they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint."

3. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Isn't that something - how that turned out. I'm sure that that verse helps you very much in your times of trial. :)

4. beesknees

beesknees Senior Member

Thanks for sharing this Cort. I was not familiar with his music but checked it out. He's pretty good, I like his newest cd, Adoration.

See more popular forum discussions.