• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chris Kresser on Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN)

CantThink

When those microglia are chronically activated, as they are fibromyalgia and other pain disorders, it results in neurotoxicity and then this whole wide cascade of symptoms that are associated with all these conditions, and LDN essentially blocks that cascade by blocking the receptors on those microglial cells. This probably explains why in some of the studies so far LDN has been shown to reduce something called erythrocyte sedimentation rate, or ESR, which is an inflammatory marker that’s elevated in conditions like fibromyalgia.

From the link Gondwanaland posted.

My bolding - that's interesting as my ESR has been elevated for years, so maybe that's partly why LDN worked for me when I took it. I'm just about to start retaking it tonight, after a massive break. I'm really hoping it will get me out of bed/out the house.

I do suffer from a lot of pain and what I feel is inflammation. I found over time LDN transformed me by increasing my stamina, decreasing pain (somewhat) and improving my sleep (I felt I got deep sleep).