Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Choline/Inositol and Night Dream

Discussion in 'Sleep' started by Changexpert, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Changexpert

Changexpert Senior Member

Before taking choline bitatrate/inositol, I rarely had a night dream, maybe once toward the end of sleep right before waking up. However, this has changed vastly since taking choline/inositol for two days.

I started taking choline/inositol combo two days ago. The first day, I took 500 mg of each, 250 mg in the morning and 250 mg in the evening (major mistake). That night, I could not fall asleep without the help of magnesium. Usually, 100 mg of magnesium glycinate/lysinate supplement from Doctors Best knocks me out very easily, but I barely fell asleep with 200 mg of magnesium that night. The worst part is I woke up about 10 times in the middle of sleep, all with vivid night dreams.

I immediately knew choline (and possibly inositol) was the problem. So on the second day, I took 250 mg of choline/inositol in the morning after breakfast around 10 am. That night, sleep was much better compared to first day, but I still had to take 100 mg of magnesium to fall asleep and woke up about 3 times in the middle of night.

Has anybody experienced this? I am usually very sensitive to supplements in general and I do not deal well with mb12 because of heterozygous COMT condition along with MAO A condition. The RDA for choline is 550 mg for men and 425 mg for women. I can barely take half of that.

Also, I am not even sure if inositol is contributing to this situation. Has anybody experienced something similar? Could you share why this might be occurring? I would appreciate your response.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  2. halcyon

halcyon Senior Member

I have a similar effect from Alpha GPC. Acetylcholine plays a part in REM sleep so I assume it has to do with that.

3. IntelligentImpulse

IntelligentImpulse

See more popular forum discussions.