Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Choline deficiency and membrane alteration in POTS

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by adreno, Jun 4, 2016.

1. adreno

adreno PR activist

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4415014/

sb4, merylg, Waverunner and 1 other person like this.
  2. Justin30

Justin30 Senior Member

Human trial please...lol

3. Justin30

Justin30 Senior Member

Problem i see with this is that POTS patients with hypovolemia may have issues getting nutrients from the GI tract if the POTS is of this variety...

Which according to Dr Bell is what we have.

merylg likes this.
  4. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

We concluded that the fatty acid profiles of the major membrane phospholipids and TAG were altered in POTS cells compared to control as a result of broadly modified glycerolipid metabolism and remodeling in POTS cells.

Mitochondrial function is impaired in POTS cells

Because the mitochondrial choline uptake was 50% reduced in the POTS cells (Fig. 2B), we further examined the mitochondrial function and membrane potential of these cells (Fig. 7) We found that the mitochondria potential was reduced by a factor of 1.5 in the POTS cells compared to control cells (Fig. 7A). Mitochondria potential has been related to choline uptake into the mitochondria (36), and the decrease in the potential observed here may contribute to the decrease in choline transport into the mitochondria in POTS cells.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    sb4 likes this.
  5. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

@nanonug check out the post above.. you were talking about mitochondrial potential ...weren't you?

6. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
    Yeap. At this point I don't know what to make of this, though. I need to read the paper more carefully but I'm now too sleepy for that.

sb4 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.