Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Choline Advice

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by cman89, Sep 21, 2016.

1. cman89

cman89 Senior Member

Hayden, Idaho
    I am thinking of experimenting with adding some form of choline into my supplements, since I take enough B-vitamins anyways and its basically another of that. I have run across a few threads talking about choline, but I was wondering if I could get some answers in one spot here. Who has supplemented with choline or a similar agent? What did you use and how successful was it?

2. cman89

cman89 Senior Member

Hayden, Idaho
    Another note-currently, my digestion is pretty screwy, so any way to bypass that may have more success.

3. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years Hoarder of biscuits

USA
    I've taken up to one-half teaspoon a day of choline bitartrate (1000mg choline) along with other B vitamins with no positive or negative effect. I was trying to detoxify hormones and provide liver support using this protocol:
    https://www.drvitaminsolutions.com/content/uterine-fibroids-02

4. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    I asked this question awhile ago. You can find a good discussion here.

I'm using citicoline, alpha GPC, and sunflower lecithin daily. This seems to be working well for me.

ebethc likes this.
  5. ebethc

ebethc Senior Member

Do you think that the citicoline/alpha gpc/lecithin combo is helping the BHMT issues?

6. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    I supplement with choline sometimes if my diet doesn't have enough. A very good source is eggs, and if you don't eat eggs regularly, you may have insufficient levels of choline. I'd be curious if it has any benefits for people who already get well over the RDA of choline.

See more popular forum discussions.