1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process
Gabby Klein gives an overview of the P2P process, shedding light on the pitfalls with advice as to what we can do in protest ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Cholestyramine (CSM) Treatment - Elimination of Toxins

Discussion in 'Addressing Biotoxin, Chemical & Food Sensitivities' started by lono, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Hi Lisa, great post. I was wondering if you have a brief definition of "HLA DR type"? --- Thanks.

Wayne
  2. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    Wow! :aghhh: Anything that makes MTHFR worse is not going to be an option for me.

It just goes to show (again and very predictably) how different we all are. That some people ARE actually benefited by the cholestyramine is a bit confusing, though. Don't most of us have some major methylation problems?
    Sparrowhawk likes this.
  3. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Senior Member

West Coast USA
    I will go out on a limb, here, Dreambirdie and say I've yet to find anyone here on PR who has tested their DNA and din't find something they needed to address. I'm pretty sure I would have remembered a thread along the lines of "Hey I just did 23andMe and everything looks great!" :) With that said I've not been through all the pages of the Genetic subforum...
  4. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    Yeah, I imagine that most everyone here is going to have some significant SNPs in regard to their methylation pathways. But... some people who have really "bad" SNPS, can be perfectly healthy. My partner has more polymorphisms than I do, but he has no major health challenges. I recently loaded him up with the necessary supps to make sure it stays that way.
  5. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Pretty much, but there's also the opportunity to run programs to search through 23andMe results for very rare SNPs. This can bring up some interesting results by itself, and also allows for comparing rare results to see if there's commonalities with other ME/CFS patients.
    True, and we were all more or less healthy once, despite having the same SNPs that we do know. But also, many of the SNPs listed by Yasko either aren't relevant to the functioning of the genes they're on, or they're reported backwards.
  6. Skyline

Skyline Senior Member

Bangkok, Thailand

Prevalite and Questran lite contain aspartame which you may like to avoid. The standard versions contain sugar.
  7. Soundthealarm21

Soundthealarm21 Senior Member

Dallas, TX
    @Skyline

How can I find HLA DR genes? Are they available through 23andMe?
  8. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Americas Compounding, (in MA) is where I get mine from. Mine has xylitol in it, which I beleive is ok, doesn't raise blood sugar levels also!

GG
  9. ggingues

Concord, NH
    @Wayne mine is not full of sugar and nutrasweet. Mine has xylitol in it, read on this thread that it is best for mold toxins? Interesting, not sure how much of an issue mold is for me now though.

GG
    Wayne likes this.
  10. slayadragon

slayadragon Senior Member

twitpic.com/photos/SlayaDragon
    HLA DR is available through LabQuest. You can read more about it on Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker's website, Surviving Mold.

http://www.survivingmold.com/diagnosis/lab-tests

CSM is a drug that (to my understanding) is the equivalent of little pieces of plastic that stick to the toxins with a static electric charge. Supposedly it does not escape the intestines. The commercial versions have sugar or aspartame, plus artificial color. Compounded versions can omit those extra ingredients.

Where did you get yours, GG?
  11. ggingues

Concord, NH
    America's Compounding in Newton, MA

http://accrx.com/

GG
    slayadragon likes this.
  12. Soundthealarm21

Dallas, TX

I'll probably get that tested next week.

I just started CSM today so we'll see how it goes. That mixed with methylation support, strict diet, and fatty acid therapy.
  13. Soundthealarm21

Dallas, TX
    @slayadragon

When you say LabQuest do you mean LabCorp or Quest? Or is that a clever way of including both? :)
  14. slayadragon

slayadragon Senior Member

twitpic.com/photos/SlayaDragon
    Oh, sorry! LabCorp. Quest does not do the tests the way Shoemaker has them set up, last I heard.
  15. Soundthealarm21

Dallas, TX

My doctor and I are doing a mix of the Patricia Kane Protocol, Shoemaker, Yasko, and some of her own stuff. It's working.

I see her again next week to go over a ton of tests, and I know she wants to get the HLA tested.
  16. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

@Soundthealarm21

My doctor wants to start me on the PK protocol as well but I'm not sure if I'll be able to because if the cost. May I ask what it costs for you? And how often are you getting IVs?
  17. Soundthealarm21

Dallas, TX
    Sorry, I have not been on here in a few days!

Yes it is quite expensive to do the PK protocol. I'm actually on a break from most of it, but still taking the balance oils. I was taking 6 caps of Phosphatidylcholine a day which would average out to $3.60 a day for that. The VSL 3 is quite expensive as well (i'm still doing that) and I take 6 caps of that a day.

Without going into extreme detail and giving wrong figures, I'd put the average (depending on everything you do) at about $200-300 a month. IV work will be much more expensive, but will get the job done quicker. One of my doctors (I use about 3 right now) uses the PK protocol for her husband (Parkinsons) and she said the cost is $125 per IV which is the direct cost because she is a doctor and primary provider.

But currently I'm doing Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy. Tests finally came back positive for Lyme disease (long suspected it).

I wish you luck with PK protocol, if you're really toxic the detoxification can be quite nasty (reason I stopped) and uncomfortable.

See more popular forum discussions.