I have just come to the realisation that the fact I have been feeling like death for several months was caused by chlorella. I forgot to take it for a day and by the evening I felt so much better that I actually took my little boy outside to play (instead of continuing my intimate relationship with the toilet.) I realise it was causing: diarrhoea (12 to 20 times a day) nausea and sometimes vomiting headaches all-over body pain (flu-like) VERY severe muscular weakness a feeling that I was poisoned or "full of dirt" inside. (I don't know how to describe this feeling but it was truly horrible) Now my dilemma is: Is this definitely an allergy/intolerance, or could it be the effects of heavy metal detoxing? (my mercury levels were sky high when measured last November and so were many other metals) If it's an allergy, what could I use to substitute it? As I understand it chlorella is both a chelator and a binder - is that correct? If it's the detox effect, does stopping it mean I have totally stopped my metal detoxing? I am still taking all the other methylation supplements and a porduct called "Toxic metal detox" which is a herbal mix. If that is the case, could there be a less diabolical way of getting these metals out of me? Any information and suggestions on this would be so welcome.