1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Chitin inhibitors and Candida

Discussion in 'Fungal Infection (Yeast, Candida)' started by Tiger Lily 813, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Tiger Lily 813

Tiger Lily 813 Senior Member

New York City
    Hi all,
    Has anyone had success with taking Chitin inhibitors to decrease Candida?
    I go to a holistic doctor that feels Candida/biofilms are responsible for much of my turmoil.
    I don't think that's the whole issue, but I want to do everything I can to help! I do the diet (although it is hard when digestion is compromised, to be digesting all of these non-carbs), I take a lot of natural antifungals, Nystatin powder, probiotics.
    He really recommends these Chitin inhibitors and I wanted to know if anyone here has tried it out, or has truly beat Candida in other ways?
    Thank you kindly : )

2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
  3. Gestalt

Gestalt Senior Member

Canada
  4. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    I did two rounds of Lufenuron and I believe it helped, but I also took diflucan between the two rounds as well as A-Fung.

The best I can tell you is that it felt friendly to me, and I feel it as an ally.
    One thing though: I forgot during the final two week period in which it is being released from the tissues and ate some raw saurkraut I had been fine with before and had a very strong reaction to it. So I'd stay away from any fungal/yeasty foods for a while after just to be sure.

I also found that the brain fog from the die off (which was significant) was abated nicely by supplementing with molybdenum, and I took milkthistle due to the diflucan but I think it is nice to protect the liver anyway when asking it to cleanse for you.

5. Gestalt

Gestalt Senior Member

Canada
    I took Lufenuron and Diflucan back to back, and it did nothing. Then I took resistant starch and everything changed.

leela likes this.
  6. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    How does the RS help with the candida, @Gestalt?

7. Gestalt

Gestalt Senior Member

Canada
    Just updated my website post:

leela likes this.
  8. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    Do you take it as cooked cold potato, or potato starch, or how? I don't do well with potatoes. I admit I haven't read extensivley on the subject though.:redface:

9. Gestalt

Gestalt Senior Member

Canada
    I take the raw unmodified starch 4tbsp a day w/ probiotics. It's important to get enough. Just read my Resistant Starch guide, instructions are all in there.

10. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    Thanks, Gestalt:love:

See more popular forum discussions.