1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Childhood illnesses?

Discussion in 'General Symptoms' started by Nielk, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    My mother used to tell me what a "healthy" child I was because unlike my sisters I never came down with any childhood sickness.
    Did anyone have similar backgrounds?
  2. floydguy

floydguy Senior Member

I was healthy and never got anything till i got the chicken pox, then hives, then mono with high EBV in high school
  3. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    My thinking is that because my immune system didn't have practice fighting anything off as a young child, it stayed in a weakened condition.
  4. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    not me, I got colds and gastritis and chickenpox like anyone else. well, I had the pox rater late, but I did have colds and gastritis, and played in the mud and all that. :)
  5. drex13

drex13 Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio
    I used to get strep throat alot as a kid, and had scarlet fever once, chicken pox, and whatever else was floating around. My immune system had plenty of practice....didn't help.
  6. boomer

boomer Senior Member

Sick a lot

My daughter was sick a lot as a preschooler. She had asthma, scarlet fever, colds, roseola, ear infections, etc. She had aching legs for a while. They hurt enough that I brought her to the doctor over pain in her legs. she was pretty active.
  7. Boule de feu

Boule de feu Senior Member

Ottawa, Canada
    Me too. Many trips to the ER as an infant. Very high fevers (104 +).
    I received several penicillin shots and too many icy baths at the hospital.
    To this day, I remember them! :-(
    It's hard to believe that it was more than 40 years ago.

See more popular forum discussions.