The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.
  1. Fuzzyhead

Fuzzyhead Senior Member

I have had a left middle back ache for 4 months and keep thinking it's my lung. It's there every day and my left shoulder hurts too. I had my bloods done twice and oxygen levels checked and tapped and listened to and all ok. If it was muscular why now am i feeling chesty and bringing loads of green phlegm up every day too. I am trying to be rational but i can't stop worrying it's my lung.

2. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member

Worrying for 4 months is a long time ! Why don't you ask your doctor for an x-ray of your lungs ?

zzz likes this.
  3. Fuzzyhead

Fuzzyhead Senior Member

I got my bloods done and oxygen levels checked about 2 months ago.

4. zzz

zzz Senior Member

Oregon
    @Dechi is right. These symptoms are not normal, especially when they've been going on so long. An X-ray would certainly be a simple and easy way to check out some possibilities. And if that isn't conclusive, I would think that further tests are warranted. The fact that your blood and oxygen levels are OK (or were OK two months ago) isn't terribly significant, as there are many problems that could produce your symptoms that wouldn't show up in those tests. I don't know what the fundamental problem is, but I do know that this is the type of thing that it's best not to ignore.

Gingergrrl, Dechi and PatJ like this.
  5. Fuzzyhead

Fuzzyhead Senior Member

Worrying even more now. I have a drs apt on friday.

Dechi likes this.
  6. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member

@Fuzzyhead Great, let us know how it goes. Try not to worry too much until then.

7. Fuzzyhead

Fuzzyhead Senior Member

He listened to my lungs and felt my abdomen and said it seemed muscular.

8. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member

No x-ray ? Do you feel relieved, did his answer satisfy you ?

9. Fuzzyhead

Fuzzyhead Senior Member

No no x ray. No i don't feel relieved at all but i suffer with health anxiety. I won't settle until i know for sure.

zzz likes this.
  10. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    What did the doctor say about the green phlegm?

A chiropractor could very well be able to tell you if you had a muscular problem in that area - mine would, he's very good.

11. Fuzzyhead

Fuzzyhead Senior Member

I saw an osteopath when i first got the pain and she said all my left felt tight and locked and the day after i saw her i could hardly lift my left arm.

See more popular forum discussions.