• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chest pain

Alexi

having episodes of chest pain, irregular heartbeat and breathlessness. Doctor advises to go to A&E when it happens but they just test for heart attack and send me home. I'm fed up of traipsing to hospital and finding it more and more exhausting. GP advises that I have ectopic beats and not to worry about it - difficult when in pain and intolerant to meds. Anyone got any suggestions ??

Gijs

I have the same for 20 years now. Nobody knows what causes it. But i have POTS/ME. I don't know if you have pots.

Alexi

I had an ablation in 2012 after finally catching an episode on an ECG and being intolerant to meds.
What's POTS?

Alexi

Yes. Just. I insisted my GP refer me back to the cardiologist who did the ablation. I feel as if I have to fight for every health issue as it gets tarred with the same MR/CFS brush