Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Chest pain

Discussion in 'Autonomic, Cardiovascular, and Respiratory' started by Alexi, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Alexi

Alexi

having episodes of chest pain, irregular heartbeat and breathlessness. Doctor advises to go to A&E when it happens but they just test for heart attack and send me home. I'm fed up of traipsing to hospital and finding it more and more exhausting. GP advises that I have ectopic beats and not to worry about it - difficult when in pain and intolerant to meds. Anyone got any suggestions ??

2. Kina

Kina

Sofa, UK
    What kind of tests have you had?

3. Gijs

Gijs Senior Member

I have the same for 20 years now. Nobody knows what causes it. But i have POTS/ME. I don't know if you have pots.

ahimsa likes this.
  4. Alexi

Alexi

I had an ablation in 2012 after finally catching an episode on an ECG and being intolerant to meds.
    What's POTS?

5. Kina

Kina

Sofa, UK
    @Alexi Has your GP not sent you to see a Cardiologist at any point?

6. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Rebel without a biscuit

7. Alexi

Alexi

Yes. Just. I insisted my GP refer me back to the cardiologist who did the ablation. I feel as if I have to fight for every health issue as it gets tarred with the same MR/CFS brush

See more popular forum discussions.