1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Brain Cells Making us Sick? The microglia connection in ME/CFS & Fibromyalgia
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, could trigger and perpetuate the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Cheney says do not get nagalase too low

Discussion in 'GcMAF' started by cigana, Jun 29, 2013.

1. cigana

cigana Senior Member

UK
    Hi,

I don't know if this has already been posted, but in this recent talk by Cheney (toward the end):

he says it is important to not let nagalase drop into the normal range, it has to be mildly elevated. If it drops into the normal range, patients become ill again. He says this is because nagalase has an important role to play in proper immune function.
  2. globalpilot

globalpilot Senior Member

Ontario
    I watched that presentation as well and noted his comment about nagalase.
    I do wonder though, if the problem isn't that the dose should be dropped as the nagalase reduces. That is, as the nagalase reduces, presumably the immune system is functioning better and doesn't need as much augmentation. He uses the same dose when the nagalase is dropping and this could be overstimulating the immune system.
  3. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque

cigana

Yes, I agree with globalpilot. Dr. Cheney is the only one to have said this and he kept his doses the same--100 ng every 5 days if I remember correctly. Other doctors who are giving GcMAF to a lot of patients have not had his experienced but they do generally put patients on a maintenance dose once GcMAF is nearly in range. I am on a much lower dose than in the beginning and my nagalase is maintaining at just about normal.

Sushi
  4. bykerchic

bykerchic

Hello,
    I am wondering if anyone can tell me how to get my nagalase tested? I live in the United States and my Dr and I have not been able to find a place to test my nagalase. any help would be greatly aprreciated. Good luck to all!
    Thanks!
  5. xrunner

xrunner Senior Member

See more popular forum discussions.