Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

cheney research website

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by consuegra, Sep 18, 2009.

1. consuegra

consuegra Senior Member

Cheney's new research website is now available, for a fee.

cheneyresearch.com

Chris

2. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Service for a fee

Jesus - never saw that coming! (Don't know why - now that I think about it). Our most expensive doctor must be paid for all the work he does doesn't he? Sorry about the sarcasm but I am disappointed not just that he requires ME/CFS patients to pay but that he puts such a high price tag on it; $50 for one month! Its too much for me - too bad!!

3. jenbooks

jenbooks Guest

That is extremely gross...crass...etc. I'm going to write him with my thoughts about that.

4. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Oh, oh... :)

Oh, oh. I wouldn't want to be Dr. Cheney right now. :)

5. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    I know he's supposed to be a BIG DEAL CFS expert, but honestly, his work makes my head spin. He writes up a very certain protocol one day, then does a complete about-face and totally contradicts the whole thing a few years later. :confused:

Simon says... take 2 steps forward...no, make that 3 steps backward... no make that inside out and back assward. :rolleyes:

He's not worth the money. And you're right JESUS would never have seen THAT coming.
    Not that I have any strong opinions about these things.:)

6. jenbooks

jenbooks Guest

Ha ha Wayne.
    And yeah DB...he does a lot of about-face. I suspect his peptide creams are valuable as I take Atrium peptides (he started with that) and they are definitely adjunctively helpful. I'd like to see those distributed more widely. Or I'd like to see Atrium add on a heart one.
    And I think his basic understanding of a subset of CFIDS downregulating to profound fatigue and even lowering blood volume to protect the heart and the body generally from cardiac arrest or death, makes sense.
    But beyond that I just don't know. I'm doubtful that patent foramen ovale or whatever that hole in the heart thing is, is a significant player in ME/CFIDS/SLYME (slime) disease...I don't know why he has so radically abandoned things he felt helped before. And I disagree about oxygen toxicity. Hyperbaric oxygen has saved my life.
    On the OTHER hand--the stem cell therapy--and taking patients there--is *fascinating*. I see that as a very hopeful thing for people who've been sick a long time.

See more popular forum discussions.