1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Part 2: Brain Cells Making us Sick? Messed up microglia could be driving symptoms
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, might be overactive and driving the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Cheney Presentation, this Friday March 22, North Carolina

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Mark, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    This is very short notice, I'm afraid. I'm very sorry about that: it has been sat under a pile of email in my inbox during a couple of extremely busy weeks. I haven't seen it posted on the forums before now.
    The presentation is called "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia: Current and Anticipated Treatments" and it's at Forsyth Medical Centre Conference Centre on Friday March 22 at 7pm. See the attached flyer for more details.

If anybody reading this is interested and has the opportunity to attend, please let us know: Phoenix Rising may be able to help with your travel costs if we can make arrangements for you to report back here on the presentation in some way.

Again, my apologies for the delay in my posting this. I do hope nobody has missed out as a result.

Attached Files:

Valentijn and snowathlete like this.
  2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    Most people with ME don't have a filled calendar. I hope someone can make it and report what they learn.
    Valentijn likes this.
  3. Sing

Sing Senior Member

New England
    I hope someone can make it too. Cheney is a smart, independent thinker who might add a little something more to our understanding.

About the calendar bit, I had cause to review my own for the past year to see when I had had doctor's appointments. I was amazed at how little was on it! It certainly made it easy to find the appointments.
  4. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 Senior Member

USA
    I've been wondering what Cheney has been up to lately, he seems to have fallen of the radar a bit. I'm glad to hear that the presentation is free, I wish I could attend. Hope someone can make it.
    Sing likes this.
  5. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    I'm in touch with one of the organisers and there may be a video of the presentation; if not we're hoping to have an article on it.
    ukxmrv and Sing like this.
  6. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Would love to hear if there is any news on his NGS work.

Thanks to the organisers of the talk and to Mark for following this up.

See more popular forum discussions.