1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Check twitter now tweets from conference

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by VillageLife, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I guess the lunchbreak is over and Cort is tweeting again. There's some fascinating stuff coming out! I can't wait to hear a fuller account but these snippets are very encouraging. Sounds as though there is some good progress.
  2. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    Thanks to Cort and anyone else who is tweeting news. :)
  3. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    He was VERY excited about it....You don't think of someone in their 80's being aglow (I think he's in his 80's) being aglow but he was. It was a very small study - just a few people but it documented the presence of the early proteins/enzymes from EBV he believes is causing the problems in not only CFS but MS as well. He's now working with Dr. Glazer on that and they are applying to the NIH to come up with a easier test to find the proteins. He said it should be easy.

Glazer is good at getting NIH grants; its great those two are working together. :)
    WillowJ likes this.
  4. eric_s

eric_s Senior Member

Switzerland/Spain (Valencia)
    I hope he will be able to continue for a long time. Dr. Bieger in Germany, who follows Dr. Lerner's line, at least to some degree, tested me for some specific EBV "things" that i've never seen written anywhere before. It was a test to see if there is reactivation. I was negative, but it might have been something similar to what you mentioned, Cort. I will check out his report and then post it here, what Dr. Bieger is testing for.
  5. eric_s

eric_s Senior Member

Switzerland/Spain (Valencia)
    He tested me for EBV mRNA, i guess that's not what you were talking about.
  6. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    Very neat! Thanks for your reports, Cort.

I have met Dr. Lerner and he is very kind, and I can certainly picture him glowing. :) I'm excited to hear of progress and hopefully funding. And if it can help MS as well, that's amazing. The MS population is very underserved, even though they do have some medications labelled for MS.

See more popular forum discussions.