• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cheapest place to buy oslers web online? - aussies?

Tulip

Not the right place for this but, where is??....

I have found it for $37.96 with free shipping :victory: Does anyone know of somewhere cheaper? Or is this a good deal?.

Ta

Francelle

Having just been reading Osler's Web I really think I would like to purchase a couple of copies also.

Strangely I borrowed my current copy from an interlibrary loan and judging by a slip of paper in the book it hasn't been borrowed since 2003. Sad really! Maybe the library wouldn't notice if it went missing - only joking!! :D

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
i will save u buying it. The bad guys win, the virus is contamination just like xmrv, supposedly. but its a great read, u will see all the same tricks the cdc used way back then and using them now.

cheers!!!

Tulip

Jstefl - Thanks for that! I should have said i'm only after a brand spankers copy not used (bit of a fusspot :D ).

Francelle - That just inspired me to look at my local libraries online catalogue to see if they have it - they don't! Bloody country libraries lol.

Is it really good enough to buy two copies of??.

gregf

Getting a 2nd copy is a good idea Francelle.

It may be out of print, so almost all copies may be 2nd hand.
The difference in price will be for different quality in regard to wear and tear.

I bought a near new copy for ... some price like that Tulip, from the US.
That is now out on loan and getting worn.
I should have bought a second cheaper copy to loan. :rolleyes:

Tulip

Heapsreal - I'm shocked!

Gregf - This copy is brand new (it's from fishpond) - this one is the new print edition that came out in 2006, it is meant to have an update in it.

Francelle

i will save u buying it. The bad guys win, the virus is contamination just like xmrv, supposedly. but its a great read, u will see all the same tricks the cdc used way back then and using them now.

I agree that there is a real sense of deja vu in regard to contamination etc. but the paradoxical thing is that, reading Oslers Web makes me jolly well more and more convinced that a retrovirus, perhaps even XMRV and if not this one which one(?), is at the bottom of this condition! Retroviruses are mentioned over and over again in that book (and this was in the 1990s). The parallels to M.E. both symptomatically and pathologically to the other two retroviruses are also referred to over and over again.