1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
First Direct Evidence of Neuroinflammation - 'Encephalitis' - in ME/CFS
A small study with just nine patients has captured the attention of patients and researchers alike after reporting direct evidence of inflammation in the brain of ME/CFS patients. The finding was one of the highlights picked out by Professor Anthony Komaroff in his IACFS/ME...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

cheap hydroxyb12?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Lisa, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Lisa

Lisa Senior Member

Western Washington
    Hello! :)

My doctor said yesterday Jeremy and I are to start taking hydroxycobalamin shots (hydroxyb12).

I've found a place called McGruff pharmacy in southern California that can fill the prescription for $43. 5mg/ml in a 30ml bottle.

Was wondering if anyone knows of a cheaper pharmacy for this stuff? :)

Thank you! :D

Lisa :)
  2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Hi Lisa,

I think that's about the usual price. I have ordered it (for injection) from 2 different compounding pharmacies (Key in Washington and Wellness in Birmingham) and it was about that price or more.

Yep, it is expensive. But I only injected 1 mg or less, so it lasted a good while.

Sushi
  3. jenbooks

jenbooks Guest

Why aren't you guys using perque?
  4. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    more questions

What is perque?

And also, where is the cheapest place to get the folates and the hydroxy that Rich recommends?

AND... why inject? Isn't easier on the system to start with the sublingual?
  5. Sushi

Albuquerque
    I do use Perque but you get a much larger effect from a subcutaneous injection of hydrox B12. Even though the Perque is sublingual, some of it gets swallowed and lost.

Right now I am only using the Perque as I got too sensitive to any form of B12 to tolerate the injections.

Sushi
  6. Sushi

Albuquerque
    Hi Dreambirdie,

Perque is a brand and the name of the supplement is Activated B12 guard. I have found the cheapest place to buy this and the folates--which are made by Metagenics--is at: https://www.naturalhealthyconcepts.com/

To buy Perque and some other brands online, you have to register with the site as these brands are usually only sold by doctors. At this site I think you can buy the Metagenics without registering but you have to call the toll-free number the first time you order Perque brand, and then, I think wait a day or two until you are in their system. This site gives progressive discounts the more you order there.

Activated B-12 Guard, 100 Sublingual Lozenges, Perque

Suggested Retail: 25.25 Price: $20.20

Sushi
  7. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    thanks Sushi

You are a jewel! I will check this out.

See more popular forum discussions.