1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Chasing the Money: Chase Community Giving Contest to Start Soon

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Aileen

Aileen Senior Member

Canada
    Hmmm... perhaps 2 sets of instructions are necessary then. One for those of us in the patient community who can find a partner and are really motivated and those close to us who also are really willing to help and a separate set for uh, reluctant, family and friends?

I'm confused. Are you sure you got a bonus vote? The first time someone went through my link (she did everything properly) it refused to give me my bonus vote. The 2nd try I got my bonus vote. It will let me vote for either of my choices a 2nd time.

Anne likes this.
  2. Anne

Anne Senior Member

Good idea!

3. Anne

Anne Senior Member

This is all so strange! I am sure I got a bonus vote, I can still see the notification on my FB page (thanks warriorseekspeace), and on the Chase page it shows that I have one vote left (I have used my first two votes, one for PR and one for NIDA), but I can't use it for PR or NIDA. Says "Voted". All the other charities have the little green Vote button, so it seems I could use my vote for them... I may have to see if there by any chance is a third ME/CFS org in the running at the end of the contest.

Glad the bonus vote works as it should for the rest of you - it's not working for me! :-(

4. Aileen

Aileen Senior Member

Canada
    I think the Chase app has a mind of its own. Too bad it won't give us its version of the rules!!!:confused:

Merry likes this.
  5. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Very good news at the beginning of day 4: both NIDA and Phoenix Rising are in the top 100 - which wins them 20K. NIDA is up to 68th place! and Phoenix Rising is 93....

These are major jumps from the first and second days. We're doing well in a very competitive environment! Thanks everyone sincerely for voting...

I sent out a Phoenix Rising and a Forum newsletter yesterday..

Today I'm going to focus on Facebook and getting the word out via email.

Tomorrow we'll have a blog on what NIDA's doing - they're a great group that's is going to focus their support on a new international research effort....its quite exciting...

warriorseekspeace and Merry like this.
  6. Merry

Merry Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio, USA
  7. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    I've also redone the voting instructions to incorporate Anne's suggestions....and put them on the two blogs...Thanks Anne!

8. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY

Your vote could make the difference whether PR or NIDA win $10,000 - $20,000 - or nothing.

Since this year only 2 votes (3 if bonus vote is used) are allowed per person, each vote can make a HUGE difference.

9. Merry

Merry Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio, USA
    As of 8:30 EST:

Neuro Immune Diseases Alliance (NIDA) 63rd with 1085 votes.

Phoenix Rising an NEID Corporation 142nd with 551 votes.

These two organizations, which have been in the running to win cash, continue to slide in the standings. Please vote!

10. Merry

Merry Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Contest stats as of 8:30 am EST:

Neuro Immune Diseases Alliance is 66th with 1555 votes. Phoenix Rising an NEID Corporation is 161th with 761 votes.

Other ME/CFS organizations continue to pull in some votes but still are not on the leaderboard. Rocky Mountain CFS Association is top of this group with 83 votes. To get on the leaderboard, an organization would need at least 668 votes.

Four days remain in the contest.

Thanks to all who are helping out.

Nielk likes this.
  11. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    What blogs, where? I did occur to me that I have a friend who I think is on Facebook (I am not) and maybe she would vote for one of more of the ME organizations if she has not voted already. I'm guessing a lot of the instructions that I have seen have to do with the bonus vote which I am not going to get into with her.

12. Merry

Merry Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Contest stats as of 7:30 am, September 17th:

Neuro Immune Diseases Alliance (NIDA) 69th with 1674 votes

Phoenix Rising an NEID Corporation 148th with 868 votes

NIDA has fallen 3 places, and PR has risen 13. NIDA is still in the running for $20,000 and PR for $10,000.

Voting ends the 19th.

K2 for Hope and madietodd like this.
  13. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 Senior Member

USA
    Thanks so much everyone for updating us everyone - love the banners - glad to see PR has risen and NIDA is still in decent shape :)

K2 for Hope and Merry like this.

See more popular forum discussions.