1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Chase Contest For ME/CFS Non-profits Has Begun

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Phoenix Rising Team

Phoenix Rising Team

[/quote]View the Post on the Blog
  2. Emma

Emma

Can I vote for the same organization twice? I have voted for NIDA and Phoenix Rising (searched for NEID) and now have one bonus vote. Can I vote for PR again or must I choose a third org? (In that case, which is in third place of the ME/CFS orgs?)
  3. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    I'm so glad you asked Emma. With your Bonus vote you can now vote for Phoenix Rising again....:). Thanks! Please let us know how it goes...
  4. Emma

Emma

Can't seem to! It says "Voted"!
  5. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Darn...I haven't tried this yet. Is there something to click on for your bonus vote? Could it be that you need to click on something first and then try to vote?
  6. Emma

Emma

I searched for other CFS organizations, and there I still have the Vote button, nice and green. And my bonus vote is in, I can see it up in the right hand upper corner. Are there written rules somewhere saying you CAN for sure vote twice for the same org?

(Do I need to just wait until tomorrow or something?)
  7. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Yes - here's from the Program rules on Bonus votes

The bonus vote earned by the sharing Facebook user can only be cast once he/she has cast his/her two (2) Standard Facebook Votes. The bonus vote may be cast for any Eligible Nominated Charity, including an Eligible Nominated Charity for which the sharing Facebook user has already cast a Standard Facebook Vote.

I've alerted them to the fact that you can't use your bonus vote for us right now. Thanks for waiting :)
  8. Emma

Emma

Will wait patiently! :) And will alert all my friends and ask them to vote.
  9. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Thanks! Really appreciate that :)
  10. camas

camas Senior Member

Oregon
    A small correction to Neuroimmune Disease Alliance (NIDA). It's listed as two words Neuro Immune for searching purposes. I've voted for them and PR and am waiting for my bonus vote for PR from sending the link to my boyfriend, but it's not showing up yet.
  11. Aileen

Aileen Senior Member

Canada
    Perhaps we should wait on alerting friends until we actually figure out how to vote and nail down a set of detailed step-by-step instructions that people can follow? If we keep throwing away bonus votes at the rate we are right now (because we don't know what we are doing) we might as well quit right now. :cry:
  12. Aileen

Aileen Senior Member

Canada
    Cort, You did a great job simplifying this but there are a couple problems. The main one comes from the fact that many people will not read the whole article. They read part, think they have all the info they need and therefore don't need to bother reading the rest (wrong!!) and make mistakes ...
    ... and since you just listed the orgs above these instructions, many people will now just click on the link and go vote without reading the rest of the article and bye, bye bonus votes.

Same problem with these 2 as above. No bonus votes. Our voter base is too small to compete with the large organizations if we do not utilize the bonus votes. They are not "bonuses". They are essential!
    someone who has not already been given a bonus vote!!! we are losing votes already, and it will get worse as time goes on, because people are just clicking on "someones" timeline, not realizing that one has been used already... another vote lost

The rest of the instructions look really good! :) If you could just make a few minor changes to address those issues, I think it would really help.
  13. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    I hope that we are not scaring people away from voting with all these complicated instructions.

If you just want simple - vote regularly with your two votes and don't worry about it.:)
  14. Anne

Anne

Below is the message I've sent out to my FB friends. Maybe someone would like to copy/adjust it and use it. I tried to make the instructions as simple as possible. And I agree with Neilk: let's not worry too much about the bonus votes, every friend we can get to vote equals two votes, so let's just spread the word and get as many people involved as we can! (The direct links don't seem to work too well, so I involved the Search engine in my message.) /Anne

Friends, please help us raise money for ME/CFS research by voting in the Chase Community Giving Contest. Previous Chase contests have resulted in $170.000 to ME/CFS research - this time we can win some more! Help us by voting – it only takes a few minutes.

Vote before Sept 19. Each person has two votes (plus a possible bonus vote, see below). Here’s how:

1. Go to Chase Community Giving's FB page and click “Like” (if you haven’t done this previously).
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaseCommunityGiving?ref=ts

2. Then go to this page:
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaseCommunityGiving/app_162065369655

NOTE: The Chase FB site is overloaded at times, so if it behaves weirdly, please try again later!

3. In "Search charities", type NIDA, and "Neuro Immune Disease Alliance" will appear. Click "Vote". At the question "Allow" or "Allow App", click Yes.

Once you have voted, click the "Like" button and write a short message to post it on your timeline (if someone then follows the link and votes you get a bonus vote).

4. Then please return to
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaseCommunityGiving/app_162065369655
    and in the box "Search Charities", type NEID. Then vote for "Phoenix Rising, an NEID corporation".

5. Send this message on and ask your friends to vote too!

6. If you get a bonus vote, you can use it to vote for NIDA or Phoenix Rising NEID again, but you have to wait a while.

The top 200 organizations will receive $10.000 each.

Many thanks!
    camas likes this.
  15. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    That's important - thanks Camas. I fixed it...
    camas likes this.
  16. Anne

Anne

NEW VERSION of the message with direct links to the two organizations – much easier! /Anne

Friends, please help us raise money for ME/CFS research by voting in the Chase Community Giving Contest. Previous Chase contests have resulted in $170,000 to ME/CFS research – this time we can win some more! Help us by voting – it only takes a few minutes.

Vote before Sept 19. Each person has two votes (plus a possible bonus vote, see below). Here’s how:

NOTE: The Chase FB site is overloaded at times, so if it behaves weirdly, please try again later!

1. Go to Chase Community Giving’s FB page and click “Like” (if you haven’t done this previously).
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaseCommunityGiving?ref=ts

2. Go to this page:
    http://fb.chasegiving.com/charity/view/ein/27-2861703

(Or type NIDA in the box “"Search charities".) "Neuro Immune Disease Alliance" will appear. Click "Vote". At the question "Allow" or "Allow App", click Yes.

Once you have voted, click the "Like" button and write a short message to post it on your timeline (if someone then follows the link and votes you get a bonus vote).

3. Then go to this page:
    http://fb.chasegiving.com/charity/view/ein/27-3313361

(Or type NEID in the box "Search Charities".) "Phoenix Rising, an NEID corporation" will appear. Click “Vote” and then click “Like” and write a short message for your timeline.

4. Send this message on and ask your friends to vote too!

5. If you get a bonus vote, you can use it to vote for NIDA or Phoenix Rising NEID again, but you have to wait a while.

The top 200 organizations will receive $10,000 each.

Many thanks!
  17. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Agreed that we need a simpler way of explaining bonus votes...:)
  18. Aileen

Aileen Senior Member

Canada
    A bonus vote is an item used by Chase to appear generous when in reality it is a way for it to keep you separated from its money!

I couldn't get the bonus vote to work (sending or receiving). As Cort mentioned there are 4 ways to send a link. Do some ways work and others not? I used method #2.
  19. Kina

Kina Moderation Team Lead

Ontario, Canada
    Have voted -- we are up to 76.

I initially had a lot of trouble -- nothing was happening when I clicked on the 'App' button. Tried a different browser (IE9 instead of Chrome) and finally got my vote in.
  20. warriorseekspeace

warriorseekspeace

Florida
    I am trying to follow all these different articles and discussions here and on FB. I just posted that I can give someone a bonus vote by going to their link to vote. I posted it in the bonus-vote exchange here: http://phoenixrising.me/archives/13...-merger-bridge-2/comment-page-1#comment-42226
    In other words, I still haven't voted, and wanted a partner to buddy up with, or at least to access through the page of someone who hasn't voted. Then I can send a link to my non-ME/CFS FB friends.

See more popular forum discussions.