1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Changes in hair growth?

Discussion in 'Skeleton, Skin, Muscles, Hair, Teeth, and Nails' started by Gemma, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Gemma

Gemma

Another questions:
    1. Do CFS patients experience decrease in hair growth quality? Loss of hair, loss of pigment?
    2. Do you feel at least a bit better after a haircut?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2014
  2. Asklipia

Asklipia Senior Member

Yes there is a decrease in hair quality. My hair is not so thick as it was previously. I never cut my hair which is very long. Most of the hair loss is concentrated near lymphatic exits and particularly in an area over the left ear. Each improvement in health brought new tufts of hair and as a result I have layered bunches of hair. I don't know about the colour though as I treat my hair regularly with a mixture of indigo leaves and henna leaves. This feels very pleasant and the mind is sharper after that.

My husband has lost a lot of hair and his won't noticeably grow back. Makes him very sad and I hope I find some day a way to reverse this. He sometimes gets a sprinkling of grey hair but they soon revert to back. He loves having his hair cut.

As to henna, my recipe includes also indigo which is an important ingredient too.

As to why my husband likes his hair cut : same pleasure as having a shave, to get rid of something which is vaguely ticklish. And he felt like this all his life, before he ever got sick.

3. Gemma

Gemma

Asklipia, thank you.

As you are not having your hair cut done, no use in asking you.

Your husband, then: Why does he like to have his hair cut?

4. Gemma

Gemma

Oh, henna! Another one to explore.

Ripley, any old books on henna?

5. Gemma

Gemma

No time to wait for Ripley. Here is the first link on Henna.

6. shah78

shah78 Senior Member

st pete , florida
    My results:CFS did my hair no damage,,,,,,,, but the Paleo Diet, Methylation, prebiotics/probiotics has made my hair outrageous! Much better.thicker than when I was in highschool/college, and I'm a 58 year old male.

See more popular forum discussions.