1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

CFSAC Meeting - Federal Response to XMRV

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Cort, Oct 30, 2009.

1. oerganix

oerganix Senior Member

My email answered by Wanda Jones

I emailed her, saying thank you for the webcast and telling her that this is the first time in 27 years that I have felt like my government gave a damn about my suffering with this illness. This is what she replied:

"Thank you, Lilly. I'm hopeful I can shake some things loose; that's my history, and I don't plan to give up. You and many like you who take time to email keep me energized. Take care. Wanda"

Let's keep Ms. Jones and others energized by contacting them with praise when they do something good.

2. acer2000

acer2000 Senior Member

I think the only common sense answer to this one is the same answer that should have been given to any CFS/FMS patient if they try to give blood - DON'T. Just because we "don't know" what causes this illness doesn't mean its not infectious. The best idea is to err on the side of caution and not give blood - regardless of what the cause ends up being. The same should be said for any illness of uncertain etiology such as MS, RA, Lupus, etc..

From the WPI facebook page (yeah I know) - http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=165442553025 :

3. Marylib

Marylib Senior Member

New Zealand
    A few weeks, huh?

A report from the Blood Safety People is due in a few WEEKS? How interesting and proactive of them.

I know this belongs back on the advocacy thread, but I really really want to get a bus load of people to a blood bank in DC. Soon. First we stop by the blood supply safety office, to let them know what we are doing. Then we tell the media. Then we go to the blood bank and insist that curtains be drawn before we donate. We take one video cam and reporter in with us and do a countdown before our possibly tainted XMRV drips into the national blood supply...Let's see if anyone tries to stops us. Either way, it will be great and will keep us in the news.

Marylib, armchair activist

4. citybug

citybug Senior Member

NY
    I think we've nobly kept our blood out of the supply because we knew it was something bad we had, even though no one else knew.
    I think they'll find the 3.7% general population amount.
    It's very encouraging that they are looking. Maybe we could do a poll?

http://www.iGive.com/WhittemorePeterson

5. Roy S

Roy S former DC ME/CFS lobbyist

Illinois, USA

6. CFSAC Meetings, Days 1 & 2 are now archived to vew.

( I am not sure where to post this. Move it to...wherever, if need be. ) Just wanted to make a note that the CFSAC meetings, Days 1 and 2 are now archived as video on the NIH site as 'past events', 'most recent videocasts'.

http://videocast.nih.gov/PastEvents.asp

smiles

See more popular forum discussions.