• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFSAC holding a Science Day on Oct 12, before Oct 13-14 meeting

Rrrr

is this normal, a usual procedure, this science day thing?

"The next CFSAC meeting will take place on October 13-14, 2010. A Science Day on October 12 will precede the meeting. More information is located at the CFSAC website located at <http://www.hhs.gov/advcomcfs>http://www.hhs.gov/advcomcfs."

jspotila

This is not the norm. Adding this third day to the fall meeting is meant to make up for having only one day in the spring. Here's the description from the Federal Register:

CFSAC Subcommittees will convene scientific review sessions on
Tuesday, October 12. The purpose of these sessions is to update the
latest developments in etiology, natural history, clinical trials, and
related areas for chronic fatigue syndrome. The public is welcome to
attend these sessions, which are not a formal part of the Advisory
Committee meeting. These sessions will be broadcast over the Internet
as a real-time streaming video. It also will be recorded and archived
on the CFSAC Web site for on demand viewing. An agenda will be posted
on the CFSAC Web site when it becomes available.

paddygirl

CFSAC nominations

This may not be the right thread but I've just seen the nominations for the Cfsac on the
Cfids Facebook page, it includes Dr Ila Singh and Ian Lipkin (ace virus hunter).:Retro smile:

Paddy

Rrrr

this is great:

"CFSAC Subcommittees will convene scientific review sessions on
Tuesday, October 12. The purpose of these sessions is to update the
latest developments in etiology, natural history, clinical trials, and
related areas for chronic fatigue syndrome. The public is welcome to
attend these sessions, which are not a formal part of the Advisory
Committee meeting. These sessions will be broadcast over the Internet
as a real-time streaming video. It also will be recorded and archived
on the CFSAC Web site for on demand viewing. An agenda will be posted
on the CFSAC Web site when it becomes available."

it is like a one day conference. if they use this wisely, if the person organizing this day selects which science will be presented (i.e. last month's old science or the lastest most up to date new info that comes out this month), it could be an update of the most important new info available.

how do we find out WHO is organizing this and setting the agenda? we need to talk to him/her to make sure he/she is inviting key people to speak.

Rrrr

who should be invited to this science day to present?

can folks come up with a list? and then we send that to wanda jones?

- singh
- hanson or bell
- mikovits, of course

Rrrr

i just called the Office on Women's Health to find out more about the CFSAC Science Day. And was told to contact Linda Price, an assistant in the office. So I left her a voicemail and emailed asking...

What can you tell me about the line up of presenters, and can new presenters who are not yet on the line up still get added to the agenda?

BUT IF ANYONE ELSE CAN NOW CALL AND ASK TO SPEAK TO WANDA HERSELF, AND ASK HER INSTEAD, THAT WOULD BE BEST. CAN SOMEONE DO THAT?

This may not be the right thread but I've just seen the nominations for the Cfsac on the
Cfids Facebook page, it includes Dr Ila Singh and Ian Lipkin (ace virus hunter).:Retro smile:

Paddy

It also includes Suzanne Vernon, who helped write the "Empirical
Definition" of Reeves, et al?

jspotila

It also includes Suzanne Vernon, who helped write the "Empirical
Definition" of Reeves, et al?

Dr. Suzanne Vernon is Scientific Director of the CFIDS Association, and the Association does not use or support the use of the CDC's empirical definition.

Sing

Thank you, anncavan!

Good blog posting. I'm excited about who will be speaking but feel trepidation about my brain getting a flat tire and bumping to a halt mid way through a whole day! Even so, I am sure I will emerge better understanding the science which is now being built upon.

Sing