• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFSAC Dec. 10-11 webinar meeting Q & A

Nielk

https://snt148.mail.live.com/defaul...0001&attindex=0&cp=-1&attdepth=0&n=1133376621

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR THE 2013 CFSAC WEBINAR MEETING

When is the 2013 CFSAC Fall meeting?

The 2013 CFSAC meeting will be held via webinar on Tuesday, December 10, 2013 and Wednesday, December 11, 2013 from 12:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.(EST) Registration is required in advance for public participants and public comment at www.blsmeetings.net/CFSACdec2013 . This link will be live by November 15, 2013. All individuals who want to view the webinar will need to register. We will provide instructions for accessing the webinar after you register.

Can I listen to the meeting via telephone?

Yes. Listening-only audio via telephone will be available on both days. Call-in information will be posted on the CFSAC website.

Why is this meeting via webinar?

All federal advisory committees have been directed to use webcasting technologies when possible to reduce the costs associated with holding in-person meetings. The spring 2014 CFSAC meeting will be an in-person meeting.

When will the agenda be available?

The agenda can be accessed on the CFSAC website www.hhs.gov/advocomcfsac .

What do I need to know to connect to the webinar?

If you have never used Adobe Connect, please click on the following link to get a quick overview: http://www.adobe.com/go/connectpro_overview. Additional information will be available at www.blsmeetings.net/CFSACdec2013. It is recommended that you test your computer prior to attending a meeting. You can do this by going tohttp://admin.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm. Participants are encouraged to join the meeting 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.

Who should I contact if I have problems with my connection?

Please email any questions about your connection problems to CFSACDec2013@seamoncorporation.com

Will webcam be used for this webinar?

No. CFSAC members will participate from various locations. Webinar technology will be used to post the speakers name. There will be no live video.

Will there be a public comment period?

Yes, members of the public will have the opportunity to provide public comment during the meeting via telephone, pre-recorded video or written comments. Registration for the meeting is required in order to submit public comments at www.blsmeetings.net/CFSACdec2013/publicComments.cfm . An individual who would like to provide comments should note this when completing the registration form. The deadline to register and submit public comment is Friday, November 29, 2013. Please refer to the agenda for scheduled public comment periods. Each speaker, via telephone or pre-recorded video, will be limited to five minutes. If the pre-recorded video is longer than five minutes it will not be accepted. We will give priority to individuals who have not provided public comment within the previous year. We will confirm your time for public comment via email by December 4, 2013. Only testimony submitted for public comment and received in advance of the meeting are part of the official meeting record and will be posted to the CFSAC website.

How can I obtain copies of the CFSAC materials after the meeting?

These requests and inquiries should be emailed to cfsac@hhs.gov. We will make every effort to post the CFSAC meeting materials on the CFSAC website. The minutes of the CFSAC meeting will be posted within 90 days. The webinar meeting will be archived on the CFSAC website.

Will there be an opportunity to ask questions during the CFSAC?

Yes. Please email CFSACDec2013@seamoncorporation.com Questions only (no comments) about topics discussed during the CFSAC Webinar meeting from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on December 10, 2013 and 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. on December 11.

Can I participate if I live outside of the United States?

Yes, as long as your computer can access the meeting via Adobe Connect. We will be unable to place international calls for public comments. We can accept written or prerecorded video testimony from international locations.

The CFSAC Support Team

http://www.hhs.gov/advcomcfs/index.html

http://www.hhs.gov/advcomcfs/cfsac_email_list.html

Learn more about the Health Insurance Marketplace at HealthCare.gov!

Mark

The registration interface returns an error. I emailed CFSAC.
They state in the instructions that the link will start working on Nov 15 (Friday). Why they've sent this out a couple of days before the registration link is live, I don't know...I expected when I saw it that it would cause confusion...

Nielk

I am confused about a few things.
They state that there will be no webcams? Yet, they tell us to send in videos? How will they be seen?