1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

CFSAC 2013 - REGISTER to watch the proceedings live (10-11 December)

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Bob, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Bob

Bob

South of England
    On this occasion, registration is necessary in order to view the meeting live online.

According to the CFSAC website, it is necessary to register this week, by Friday 29th Nov 2013, in order to watch the Dec 2013 CFSAC proceedings live online.

To register, go to this webpage, and click on 'registration' on the left-hand-side list of options:
    https://www.blsmeetings.net/CFSACdec2013/index.cfm?

The meeting is on 10-11 December (Tues & Wed), from midday to 5pm (EST) on each day.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  2. Bob

Bob

South of England
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  3. Bob

Bob

South of England
  4. Bob

Bob

South of England
    During the registration process, if you chose to be anonymous (i.e. tick/check the anonymous option), then it doesn't seem to require your email address, so perhaps it will be possible to watch the event anonymously without registration. Unless it's a bug.

5. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Have you got to register in advance, Bob, and do you know if it might be recorded so I can watch it later if unable to on the day? Thanks :)

6. Bob

Bob

South of England
    My guess is that if you want to watch it live anonymously, then advance registration isn't necessary.
    But it's only a guess. I've sent them an email for clarification.

They usually post the videos online after the event, but I haven't read anything about it for this meeting.

Firestormm likes this.
  7. Bob

Bob

South of England
    I've received an email from them, and it seems that it is necessary to pre-register in order to watch the proceedings.
    The option to register anonymously should not actually be there purely for watching the proceeding; its an error in their system.
    The 'anonymous' option should only be there for submitting evidence.

To clarify, for watching only, do not select the 'anonymous' option in order to register or it won't register you.
    That's my understanding anyway.

Firestormm likes this.
  8. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Not that I am too bothered. I am sure I'll hear all about it :)

9. Bob

Bob

South of England
    It seems that registration is no longer required (if it ever actually was) for those who wish only to watch the proceedings.

"All are welcome to participate, regardless of registration status."

It seems that questions (not comments) can be submitted for consideration by anyone during the proceedings, and some will be selected to be answered:

Related forum thread:
    http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/cfsac-comment-due-november-29th.26619/

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    Valentijn likes this.
  10. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    CAA just posted on twitter:

Valentijn, Firestormm and jspotila like this.
  11. jspotila

jspotila Senior Member

Nancy Lee has provided an update regarding tomorrow's meeting, including important changes to public comment:

12. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    You'd think in this day and age there would be a means to hold virtual conferences wouldn't you? Oh wait. There is! :bang-head:

Jeepers I never understand why face-to-face meetings are so very necessary. Then again I suppose in this instance if the IT staff can't get in to the office... :wide-eyed:

Maybe there's a lesson or two to be learned here.

13. Denise

Denise Senior Member

re CFSAC public comment 11 Dec 2013

If you are scheduled to give public comment on Wednesday 11 December 2013,
    please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Denise

14. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Many patients and advocates are upset with the fact that HHS will not replace the meeting to a two day format at another time.

If you want to voice your concern, you can e-mail Nancy Lee at Nancy.Lee@hhs.gov

This is the e-mail that I just sent out.

Firestormm likes this.
  15. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY

See more popular forum discussions.