The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

CFS wins suit over school attendance: Good news story

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by RustyJ, Oct 5, 2011.

1. RustyJ

RustyJ Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'

Noosaville, Aust
    http://lagunaniguel.patch.com/articles/capo-settles-special-education-suit-for-130000

2. ixchelkali

ixchelkali Senior Member

Long Beach, CA
    This highlights the need for educational materials to better inform schools about pediatric ME/CFS, as well as the ongoing problem of physician ignorance. It's good that the student won in this case, though. Such a shame that he and his family had to go through this, as though they didn't have enough problems.
    And how was wearing pajamas supposed to help his medical problems? I can only think this was intended to humiliate the student.

I'll be glad when the group that wrote the ICC complete their clinical guidelines. Then perhaps we can begin the long process of getting them adopted, and eventually perhaps this kind of thing can be avoided.

3. justinreilly

justinreilly Senior Member

NYC (& RI)
    Wow! can't believe they settled for that much.

I agree the pajama thing was pretty shameful.

4. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

There was already an "I'm tired too, give ME money" comment, so I responded with an explanation of what it's really like.

Reactions to these articles (CFS + costs to government services) are so predictable and annoying, but at least they provide an opportunity to educate the people reading them.

See more popular forum discussions.