1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process
Gabby Klein gives an overview of the P2P process, shedding light on the pitfalls with advice as to what we can do in protest ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

CFS Treatment Guide ebook available

Discussion in 'Information and Resources' started by Nico, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Kina

Kina Moderation Team Lead

Ontario, Canada
    I am sure there would be somewhere within an email where you can opt out from receiving them. I have never looked, I just delete anything I do not want to read.
  2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    Oh my! This has turned into quite a process. I just now got to the point of clicking on order. Despite the fact that this is a free book, they now want billing information - address and phone number. I tried it without the phone number and got an error message. Do they actually send out mailed bills? Merry, do you get mail and phone calls from them? Even if you don't, I will still wonder if they sell/give the information to others.

Is this book available in print? I am about to the point of just buying a copy. I would rather sit in a regular chair and read a book than sit at my computer anyway.
    taniaaust1 likes this.
  3. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    wow., sounds like just the kind of book Ive wanted to write. Glad that someone has now done such a book.
  4. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    You are gamer then me, Im not even game to try to download a book with my dial up connection. One time when I downloaded a Sims update for my game.. the download for that took 3 whole days and nights.
  5. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    Eeek! I don't think my connection will stay logged in for 3 days (or even 1). I am giving it up. I don't know what time zone Amazon is located in, but it is almost midnight here.
  6. Merry

Merry Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Little Bluestem, I'm sorry for your difficulties. The book is only available as an ebook. I don't know if the author has plans to publish the book as a hard copy. Check with your library to see if they could download a copy for you to borrow. I've not borrowed ebooks from my public library, so I don't know how this works.

Whenever I've ordered anything from any company online, I'm asked for billing information. Even though the book at Amazon was free for two days, it was still an order. No, I have never received a telephone call or snail mail from Amazon. I've never had reason to think Amazon sold or gave my billing information to another party. Their privacy policy would say what they do with customer information; I suppose I should read it.

I would have been happy to try to get the ebook to you (upload to cloud storage and send you a link), but it only seems to be accessible to me via the Kindle software, not as a separate document I can share. Sorry.
  7. Merry

Merry Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Little Bluestem, I see that this ebook is lendable. As I've just read at Amazon, ebooks that are lending enabled can be loaned once. The recipient has access for 14 days. The lender needs the email address of the recipient. If this is something you are interested in trying, start a private conversation with me.
    Little Bluestem likes this.
  8. Questus

Questus Senior Member

9. Questus

Questus Senior Member

10. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Note: This ebook which was available for free for 2 days at Christmas for Kindle, is now downloadable to a PC. I just braved it and did it. First it downloads a kindle reader, then you click "buy" and Amazon asks the usual stuff as if you were ordering stuff, but the bill is 0.

The instructions are at:

http://www.cfstreatmentguide.com/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-a-treatment-guide-2nd-edition.html

Seems to be legit and now I can read it on my PC. Pass the word on to anyone who might be interested.

Sushi
  11. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
  12. Kina

Kina Moderation Team Lead

Ontario, Canada

See more popular forum discussions.