• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFS segment on View from the Bay

Anika

Thanks for posting this. A nice and short video.

Dr. Kogelnik seemed to keep on point (I was just going to type Dr K, because I wasn't sure of the spelling, but then I figured I should take the time to check the spelling, since he took the time to give a good interview).

I noticed at the end, the woman anchor said she had a friend who was being treated by Dr. Kogelnik. That's probably why the show got done to begin with. A big THANKS to that anchor's CFS friend for getting this to her friend's attention, and thanks to the Dr and the interviewers. They had a short time, and I think did a good job within that time.

I didn't see on the video, the 4 - 8 million flashed figure, but my attention wasn't that good.

I noticed they quoted a lot of CDC material at the same page as the video link, but I didn't see which CDC page it was from. The following appeared (my bolding):

Possible Causes of CFS:
Despite an intensive, nearly 20-year search, the cause of CFS remains unknown. Many different infectious agents and physiologic and psychological causes have been considered, and the search continues...

Genetic and environmental factors may play a role in developing and/or prolonging the illness, although more research is needed to confirm this. CDC is applying cutting-edge genomic and proteomic tools to understand the origins and pathogenesis of CFS.[/
B]

CDC clearly doesn't update their webpage often, and isn't subject to "truth in advertising" laws.:)