• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFS recovery and blood pressure?

vortex

After a slow recovery from CFS, I am feeling better but seeing my blood pressure slowly rise to above normal and now I have high blood pressure.

Has anyone experience this before?

I have had some degree of CFS for the last 30 years, but have never had high blood pressure before.

But since doing the methylation protocol I am finally recovering and my heart beat seems to be stronger
and more forceful, maybe the mitochondria are recovering in my heart and now it is operating at full strength.

vortex

I know cheney used to talk about heart output and force etc and I wonder if I was prone to high blood pressure all along but since I had CFS it was suppressing it and hiding it ?

My father has high blood pressure, his father had high blood pressure, but I never did. So it was sort of strange why I didnt.

I know alot of people with CFS say they have low blood pressure, but I had normal. So maybe I am just pushed towards the higher pressure spectrum and my CFS induced low blood pressure put me in the normal range and now that I have recovered I am now in my natural born tendency to be high.

But now that I have recovered maybe I am returning to normal which is technically high.

I just dont know what to do if I should wait it out and see if it is temporary and it will go back down or if I should bite the bullet and take medication which I am opposed to.

Countrygirl

My BP, after many years of very, very low pressure, suddenly spiked sharply, causing organ damage and leaving me with Meniere's disease. Now I also have standing BP of 225/125 instead of about 65/45, with damaging hikes to 250/130. I wondered if this occurs in long-term ME.

NelliePledge

ive got high blood pressure which Ive had for some years before getting diagnosed with ME/CFS 18 months ago. my issue is pretty much with diastolic as systolic is generally normal but diastolic almost always over 85 even though I take both ramipril and amlodipine my gp seems pretty unconcerned about the diastolic as long as it is below 100 but that is pretty high

ive got serious weight issues so obviously that is a factor

vortex

My BP, after many years of very, very low pressure, suddenly spiked sharply, causing organ damage and leaving me with Meniere's disease. Now I also have standing BP of 225/125 instead of about 65/45, with damaging hikes to 250/130. I wondered if this occurs in long-term ME.

Sounds like mercury, have you chelated mercury out with FDC or Chlorella to try to treat the menieres?

I have considered heavy metals causing my blood pressure, as once glutathione comes back up it can stir up all the heavy metals that have accumulated for years when a person has had low glutathione and CFS. I have had lots of EDTA chelations and hoped that handled a lot of it. But who knows how much still lurks in my body.

Countrygirl

Sounds like mercury, have you chelated mercury out with FDC or Chlorella to try to treat the menieres?

I have considered heavy metals causing my blood pressure, as once glutathione comes back up it can stir up all the heavy metals that have accumulated for years when a person has had low glutathione and CFS. I have had lots of EDTA chelations and hoped that handled a lot of it. But who knows how much still lurks in my body.

No idea how to do chelate @vortex and it is a bit late in the day for me now after 40 years of ME, I think. The Menieres was caused by the damage caused by the abrupt hike in BP not by mercury, but thanks for the suggestion.

Mary

Moderator Resource
After a slow recovery from CFS, I am feeling better but seeing my blood pressure slowly rise to above normal and now I have high blood pressure.

I have had some degree of CFS for the last 30 years, but have never had high blood pressure before.

But since doing the methylation protocol I am finally recovering and my heart beat seems to be stronger
and more forceful, maybe the mitochondria are recovering in my heart and now it is operating at full strength.

You might need more potassium. Methylation can induce a potassium deficiency because it causes cells to divide more rapidly, increasing the need for potassium. The typical modern diet tends to be low in potassium. The daily RDA is around 4500 - and that's the minimum - you can try adding in high potassium foods to see if they make a difference in your BP. I've found that low-sodium V8 is a good source, low in sugar and high in potassium (or plain tomato juice i'm sure would be good). Many of us also have to take potassium supplements and there are several threads on the board about that. People with ME/CFS tend to be low in intracellular potassium despite normal blood work. See http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...entation-needed-in-methylation-treatmt.18670/

And low potassium can contribute to high BP.

vortex

I have been taking potassium, I can feel when I get low and when I take some I feel better, but the blood pressure doesnt seem to change.

Learner1

My blood pressure is high...seems to be related to lead toxicity and what my immune system is doing. I use Carditone by Ayush Herbs which helps when its borderline and telmisartan when it gets too high.

Chelating lead helped lower it.

vortex

I think I figured it out, I have high noradrenaline from bhmt 2,4,8 homo snp.

I am taking DMG per yasko to slow down the pathway.

AdamS

But now that I have recovered

I'm glad to hear that you're doing better!

- Can you exercise now without PEM?
- Can/could you work full time?
- Did you have ICC/CCC ME?

If the answer to all these questions is yes...please share your secret haha! :D

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit

If you had been healthy all this time isn't it possible that your blood pressure could have crept up over time apart from anything to do with ME?

vortex

Apologies for the confusion about my state of recovery. I have recovered to a large degree but I am still on supplements, and if I dont take them I will crash. So I guess it is fair to say I am not 100%, I am probably at about 80%+ but for me that is life changing. I have had problems for the last 30 years, but 10 years ago I was bedridden and near death but now can leave the house and actually drive a car. So I feel much better, but I am not sure what normal feels like anymore. This was a huge shift that occurred within the last 2 years.

vortex

But this problem with blood pressure has crept up within the last few months ever since I started recycling bh4 with GT on Dr. Pall protocol. I do think it has ramped up my noradrenaline and is causing all my problems. My symptoms all match high noradrenaline, I have tension in neck and shoulders even, jaw clenching, insomnia, anxiety, blood pressure, loss of appetite etc. It could also be choline dominance as I take liposomal vitamin C too. I guess I need to order some neurotransmitter test levels. Just not sure if I should do blood or urine. I would like to figure it out, I think if I stop taking my supplements my blood pressure will likely drop down but I will crash too, so I am stuck between a rock and a hard place and just need to tweak this.
Yasko sometimes uses tmg to start the methylation but then switches to dmg to slow down the shortcut and force it the long way around, maybe its time I make the shift.

But this problem with blood pressure has crept up within the last few months ever since I started recycling bh4 with GT on Dr. Pall protocol. I do think it has ramped up my noradrenaline and is causing all my problems. My symptoms all match high noradrenaline, I have tension in neck and shoulders even, jaw clenching, insomnia, anxiety, blood pressure, loss of appetite etc. It could also be choline dominance as I take liposomal vitamin C too. I guess I need to order some neurotransmitter test levels. Just not sure if I should do blood or urine. I would like to figure it out, I think if I stop taking my supplements my blood pressure will likely drop down but I will crash too, so I am stuck between a rock and a hard place and just need to tweak this.
Yasko sometimes uses tmg to start the methylation but then switches to dmg to slow down the shortcut and force it the long way around, maybe its time I make the shift.

What supplements do you take and why? If you don't mind me asking, if you've already answered this before in another thread - simply link me!

perrier

Apologies for the confusion about my state of recovery. I have recovered to a large degree but I am still on supplements, and if I dont take them I will crash. So I guess it is fair to say I am not 100%, I am probably at about 80%+ but for me that is life changing. I have had problems for the last 30 years, but 10 years ago I was bedridden and near death but now can leave the house and actually drive a car. So I feel much better, but I am not sure what normal feels like anymore. This was a huge shift that occurred within the last 2 years.
May I ask, what you did for such a serious improvement?