May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

CFS/ME Research Collaborative Conference 28-29 Sept 2016

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by charles shepherd, Mar 15, 2016.

1. charles shepherd

charles shepherd Senior Member

Valentijn and Esther12 like this.
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

In Newcastle again? I thought it was going to be somewhere down south?

Any chance we'll see Tuller give the Anne Faulkner memorial lecture?

3. charles shepherd

charles shepherd Senior Member

The CMRC was looking at Southampton and Bristol - but could not find a suitable location at a reasonable price on the days we wanted. So we are holding the conference again in Newcastle - which is the Centre of Excellence as far as ME/CFS biomedical and clinical research (Julia Newton et al) is concerned here in the UK…

Speakers are still being discussed and recruited

JaimeS, Valentijn and Esther12 like this.
  4. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)

Attached Files:

Sasha likes this.
  5. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I can no longer see a reference to "harassment", which was previously in the charter, which is a big step forward. I think this is the new version of that section:

It's still a weird thing to have in a charter and it reads in a rather patronising way, IMO, but it could be interpreted as being equally directed at the authors of the PACE trial, who don't seem to know what good scientific debate consists of and perhaps were felt to need it spelled out to them.

Edit: It's doubly weird because these aren't being presented as membership requirements - and there's therefore no apparent reason why this stuff is in this document at all.

It's a welcome bit of progress but it does make one wonder about the process that results in this sort of thing.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    Valentijn, Kati and Bob like this.
  6. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Very difficult to consider the way those smearing PACE critics have behaved as 'respectful debate'.

If this is seen as explicitly saying that FOI requests are an example of 'good' scientific debate, that would be a positive thing.

Just from Sasha's summary, it sounds like positive changes.

Valentijn, Kati and Sasha like this.
  7. Kati

Kati Patient in training

This event is approaching and I can't help to notice Esther Crawley scheduled to speak about pediatric ME on the
    Thursday afternoon.

If there anybody planning to attend?

Valentijn likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.