• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFS/ME/FMS Questionnaire.

Folk

Hi. I'm trying to organize, similarities/differences and rates of success/failure among CFS/ME/FMS sufferers.

How would you feel about answering this questionnaire to help me help us?

Height:
Weight:
What condition do you have?
How long have you had it?
What's your principal problem (pain, fatigue, etc)?
What's all your symptoms?
In a comparison how are you now (better than last year, worse than ever, symptom free etc...)?
Do you smoke/drink/use other drugs:
Do you have any other illness/problem?
Do you work?
Do you have children?

What treatments have you tried (please decribe the goal, what did succeed, what did fail and what do you still do)
  • Allopathy:
  • Homeopathy:
  • Naturopathy:
  • Orthomolecular:
  • Diet:
  • Physical (exercise, massage, acupunture, etc...):
  • Mind/body:
  • Other:

What doctors have you consulted with? How was it? (put here what you feel it would be useful)

What are you still willing to try?
  • Allopathy:
  • Homeopathy:
  • Naturopathy:
  • Orthomolecular:
  • Diet:
  • Physical (exercise, massage, acupunture, etc...):
  • Mind/body:
  • Other:

Additional info:

Last edited:

Min

What is the question for please? What will you be doing with the results? is this market research for something you intend to sell?

Folk

No, nothing to sell here. I have FMS my self. My goal is to organize all the massive information we have here.

I wanna try to put togheter what did work, and for what condition. What doctors are well recomended. What to avoid, what to seek first.

Something like a guide, or a map for CFS/ME/FMS sufferers.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
@Folk
I am wondering where this questionnaire would be available? It doesn't seem something that would work with the PR software. I'd guess that privacy would be a big concern for many members and that they might not be willing to answer such a questionnaire anywhere other than at a medical facility where the information would be protected by Hipaa.

Sushi

Folk

@Folk
I am wondering where this questionnaire would be available? It doesn't seem something that would work with the PR software. I'd guess that privacy would be a big concern for many members and that they might not be willing to answer such a questionnaire anywhere other than at a medical facility where the information would be protected by Hipaa.

Sushi

Well I tried to stay away from any personal info (name, adress, wich wouldn't be useful at all). I think if someone think something in this is to personal, he or she could send me in private and the best I could do is say that it will remain confidencial. If someone more credible prefer to be some kind of intermediate between the person and me, that would be ok too.

Have you seen the "Roadmap" prepared by Hip?

Sushi

Yes. It was one of the reasons I had this idea.

Was thinking about making something pratical and easy to follow. (something like, "well everybody who went to this doctor loved it, everybody who talked to that other one hated it, I know where to start)

A.B.

I wanna try to put togheter what did work, and for what condition. What doctors are well recomended. What to avoid, what to seek first.

Something like a guide, or a map for CFS/ME/FMS sufferers.

The situation is too complicated to get any useful information out of a poll like this. You would need many participants, a greater number of questions, and questions that are about very specific symptoms or abnormalities (preferably measurable).

Folk

It's not meant to be statistical or cientific... Is just a help.
Something better than typing "Doctor xyz" in search and find lost mentions about him..

barbc56

There's also a site called patients like me but I don't know if it's helpful.

I would think cfs/me organizations would have helpful information.

The question What are you willing to try?, doesn't sit well with me.I dont see how an answer to that question would really benefit patients.

Barb

ETA @Hip

Very impressive!

Last edited: