1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
California Conference Season 2014: Stanford Presents - Advances in Clinical Care and Translation...
The 2014 conference season began yesterday at Stanford, home of Dr. Jose Montoya and his team, and searcher was there to provide a live commentary on the presentations from an all-star line-up of clinicians and scientists and which featured some exciting new developments on the...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

CFS: Lives interrupted (White House Chronicle)

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Jemal, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Jemal

Jemal Senior Member

This is a recent, pretty nice article about the general state of CFS affairs (mentioning the WPI, XMRV, the upcoming NIH meeting, etc:

http://whchronicle.com/2011/04/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-lives-interrupted/

It brings nothing new to the table and I am not sure if its really relevant (I don't even know what kind of website the White House Chronicle is), but I liked its tone.
  2. ixchelkali

ixchelkali Senior Member

Long Beach, CA
    The White House Chronicle is a PBS news program out of Washington DC, hosted by Llewellyn King. He invites two or three journalist and they have a round-table discussion about whatever that episode's topic is. Llewellyn King also writes a syndicated column. He used to be assistant editor of the Washington Post. In other words, he's a major journalist. He recently became aware of ME/CFS and he's been very sympathetic. This is about the third or fourth article he's written about it. Most of what he has written about is how truly, awfully sick patients are and what a devastating disease it is. One of his articles was called "The Awful Disease that Washington Forgot." I think he could be influential because he gets read and listened to by lawmakers in Washington.
  3. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
  4. Jemal

Jemal Senior Member

Thanks for giving me some context!

See more popular forum discussions.