1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

CFS: illness severity, sedentary lifestyle, blood volume & evidence of diminished car

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Dolphin, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

I don't have the full text for this but happened to come across a second abstract which gives a little extra information:

http://www.psychosomaticmedicine.org/misc/abstracttext2009v2.pdf

2. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    I have access to the full PDF if you want it. :)

3. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

I don't claim to fully understand this paper (although I understand the acronyms a little better than I thought I might) so here are some observations and extracts for what they are worth:

The sedentary control group seems well-matched with the CFS groups:

4. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Discussion section:

I was going to try to summarise it but the table wasn't coming out correctly and only have so much time/energy. So thought I'd post the discussion section.

In terms of practical relevance, search for "anaemi" - it's interesting [abstract doesn't really explain it (at least if you're like me and not "in the know" i.e. don't have much knowledge of biology or medicine)]

5. richvank

richvank Senior Member

Hi, all.

For what it's worth, in my hypothesis ( see www.cfsresearch.org ) the low blood volume in CFS is due to what is usually diagnosed as a "mild" case of diabetes insipidus (not the same as diabetes mellitus). This is caused by low secretion of antidiuretic hormone by the hypothalamus/pituitary, which I have suggested is due to glutathione depletion in these organs. The longterm solution to this, as well as the many other aspects of CFS, is to lift the partial methylation cycle block, which will allow glutathione to come back up to normal.

There is a test panel for this called the methylation pathways panel, which I have posted about several times, and there is a non-prescription treatment to correct the root issue, which has helped most of the people who have tried it, though only a small number have experienced complete recovery from CFS with this treatment alone. In most cases of CFS, there appear to be other issues in addition to this core issue that must be specifically dealt with. These include heavy metal toxicity, gut problems, and in some cases mold illness or Lyme disease and coinfections.

Best regards,

Rich

6. gregf

gregf Senior Member

Sydney Australia
    Paul Cheney documented all this and explained why it is happening in his 2006 and 2009 lectures.

It is the bodys defense against the illness. Cheney shows ~80% of us have a PFO, a opening
    between the heart chambers. What is more he explains why. The body is cutting off the oxygen
    supply to limit the damage of the illness. It explains all the POTS and a long list of symptoms.

The question should be why are 9 people taking money to research something all ready explained
    and only getting 40% of the solution.

7. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Lots of people say things in lectures - they tend to not be taken seriously until they get published in peer-reviewed journals. Paul Cheney could have helped the cause more in my opinion if he had published more.

The money used for this study was from government grants.

See more popular forum discussions.