1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

CFS, celiac, Addison's and orthostatic intolerance

Discussion in 'General Symptoms' started by xchocoholic, Jun 4, 2010.

1. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    Hi there ...

Has anyone here looked at this ?

I hadn't looked at this yet and was surprised at how many of the symptoms and treatments for POTS / NMH / OI are the same as the treatments for Addison's disease. I appear to meet the diagnostic criteria for Addison's. I haven't been tested yet though. I know salt loading helps my OI and I need it to keep my BP up. And I know that my DHEA is low. And I have feelings of hypoglycemia every couple of hours at least, that respond to eating a healthy snack and/or sometimes a quick sugar fix.

My doc told me to try taking DHEA so I started taking 5 mg yesterday. So far all I noticed is that I still feel the need to lay down every few hours. But when I do, my body doesn't want to stay there ... lol ... Normally, I feel a huge sense of relief throughout my body when I lay down. GRANTED ... it is way too early to tell how this is going to work. The RDA from my doc was 25 - 50 mg a day too. I'm one of those who sometimes responds to tiny dosages of meds or supplements though ...

It's interesting and a little disappointing that the NIH considers digestive problems common for Addison's yet doesn't mention being tested for celiac disease. I wonder if I googled it, if I'd find a study by the NIH saying that Addison's and celiac disease are linked ...

For those who aren't up on gluten intolerance versus celiac disease, studies are showing that you don't have to have celiac disease to be gluten intolerant or suffer from the autoimmune problems that celiacs are known for ...

http://endocrine.niddk.nih.gov/pubs/addison/addison.htm

From the same article ...

Article that shows link between celiac disease and Addison's ...

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/s.../jc.2007-0960v1

See more popular forum discussions.