• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFS as a Stealth Adapted Virus Infection

Dear Members,

To acknowledge CFS day, I am pleased to share a March 21 comment I made in response to an article by Dr. Francis Collins on his NIH Director’s Blog. My comment to Dr. Collins was as follows:

“I published an article in 1994 in the American Journal of Pathology entitled “Cytomegalovirus-related sequence in an atypical cytopathic virus repeatedly isolated from a patient with chronic fatigue syndrome.” This was followed in 1995 with an article in Clinical and Diagnostic Virology entitled “African green monkey origin of the atypical cytopathic ‘stealth virus’ isolated from a patient with chronic fatigue syndrome.” This finding was shunned by NIH, CDC, and FDA mainly because it implied an adverse consequence of using cytomegalovirus-infected monkeys in the production of live polio vaccines.

Stealth adaptation is a generic process by which viruses evade effective immune recognition. I have repeatedly tried to inform public health authorities that the chronic fatigue syndrome is a stealth adapted virus encephalopathy.

Fortunately, the body can use an alternative cellular energy (ACE) pathway to suppress both conventional and stealth adapted virus infections. This pathway is expressed as a dynamic (kinetic) quality of the body’s fluids. It is mediated by an environmental force termed KELEA (kinetic energy limiting electrostatic attraction). Enhancing the ACE pathway is the logical treatment for CFS patients.

Published articles relating to the ACE pathway are available on the Internet and can be found using the search term “KELEA water.” I hope this information helps NIH pursue its mission.”