• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFS and regaining Muscle Mass - a plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,
going through the forums and posting this so it can (potentially) help other people besides myself-
like you, I've had CFS for about 7 years now. I've been regaining my muscle mass over the past four months after trying unsuccessfully to do so over a period of 6 months doing a graduated exercise program - the key was supplementing with some bodybuilding products.
In the process of researching this stuff I found several key components of bodybuilding supplements (glucose, L-glutamine, BCAA's and others) have an impact on CFS.
At any rate, I've now regained 3 kg of muscle mass, and feel better than I've felt in years. It's all down to (a) a graduated exercise program and (b) supplementing.
I've presented my findings to the Hamilton (New Zealand) CFS/ME society and they were quite impressed. I've compiled my findings into the following document hoping that other people can find this useful - I'm not affiliated with anything, and if I was it would be local to New Zealand anyway -

http://www.soulstudios.co.nz/CFSregainmuscle.pdf

Bless you-
Matt

wdb

That is interesting anecdotal evidence but not enough to draw any firm conclusions from. Are you going to try and get a randomized controlled trial done to test your theory ?

Status
Not open for further replies.