• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFIDS Assn. in Darryl's Contest in NC!

frenchtulip

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Thanks, Sasha!
My pleasure!

Probably worth mentioning that Darryl's is a restaurant chain (?) and that the CAA is competing to be featured by Darryl's via Facebook as a charity that it is supporting, which presumably brings in recognition, awareness and cash (have I got that right)?

*GG*

Also, is it a daily vote? Did the CAA send out an email to it's people via the Newsletter? I don't think i have seen it. If not, why not?

GG

PS If I did not have CFS I would probably vote for Wounded Warrior Project, seems like a good org.

frenchtulip

We are battling it out with another charity for 8th place. Last I checked, we were ahead. But that could easily change if the other charity contacts other groups to help. It will be a small win, but every dollar helps!

Merry

The CFIDS Association did make it into the top 8 and is guaranteed $100. Thanks for your votes, everyone.

Because members of the fundraising group didn't have enough information during round one and didn't know that votes would be added from round one and round two to get to round three, only a minimum number of votes to qualify for round two were pursued. Some organizations apparently knew the "secret" and accumulated large totals in round one. That means that for the final round we don't reasonably have a chance of getting enough votes for the top three prizes. Those in 4-8 place will each get $100.

frenchtulip

A post on Facebook by The CFIDS Assn.: "Thanks to everyone who has voted in the Darryl's Charity Giveaway contest on Facebook. We met our goal of placing in the top 8 charities for one of the cash prizes. We won't burden our community at this time for a third round of voting. Thanks to everyone who liked, voted and shared!"