• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Celiac or wheat intolerances and beans

IntuneJune

Learning my way around this site, not quite getting the hang of where to post. Hope I am the right place.

My question is: Have those of you who have wheat intolerances and/or celiac disease have any problems with beans and if so what kind of bean.

I read somewhere here, and cannot find the thread, where a poster said she had problems with lentils and I believe she might have had problems with wheat and maybe other grains.

I vaguely remember when I was first diagnosed with a wheat "allergy" 20 years ago (recently dx'd with celiac disease) that those with wheat "allergies" should also not consume ________beans. I have not been able to fill in that blank.

Anyone with ideas, experiences, or any kind of help? Thanks. June

Tony

Still working on it all..
Hi June,

I have a non coeliac wheat problem. It's called fructose malabsorption where the problem foods are high in fructose or chains of fructose called fructans. Green and yellow beans, the long types, have fructans so they're off the menu along with onions, apples, pears and some other things.

There's a thread here somewhere with more info. Ah, here tis:
http://forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?t=73

IntuneJune

Toni, beans and wheat issues

Thanks Toni, I am off to read your link!

June

Edit: Almost an hour later..........

Whew! That was quite the trip, lots of info, lots of articles. Thanks!